Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so this is the first time i join one of these kind of groups, i just really need to share my story somewhere because it's driving me nuts to keep it all inside. Here's the thing: i don't suffer from social anxiety however i do suffer from anxiety disorders like generalized anxiety disorder and ocd. Right now what i want to talk about isn't related to my anxiety disorders. It's about my brother who has been abusing me physically (not sexually) and emotionally for years. Im a girl and he's twice my size.Growing up i thought it would stop when i would be older. I am now 18 years old, he's 22 and it's still happens. He still beats me and insults me. I feel so helpless. My parents or my other family members don't do anything to stop him. I can't call the cops because im scared that my brother will kill me if the cops come and leave after. Today my parents were out for the day. I didn't speak to my brother all day. He's lazy and does nothing in the house. My mom had to hide his ipad because he was not studying and failing all of his classes. He asked me to find it and i said i didn't know where it was and joked that if he gave me 2$ i could find it (he's completly broke so i knew he didn't even have 2$ ). I caught him trying to steal money from my wallet and got in an argument. It escalated quickly because he wouldn't leave my room and give me back my money. When i raised my voice he got angry and grabbed me by the hair and started punching me everywhere till i was on the floor. When i started screaming he choked me, he tried to kill me, my neck still hurts. He put his *** on my face (he hasn't showered in 5 days). I couldn't breath.When my uncle finally came in, he did nothing and blamed me for "provoking him". So i decided it was time to call the cops. He heard me take the phone and came back in my room to beat me again, banging my head against my bedpost. He took the phone away and i went nuts. I screamed at the top of my lungs and started crying , i feel so angry and powerless. I went crazy and started kicking the walls and threw a tantrum because i couldn't keep that anger inside anymore. Now im blamed for being crazy after being assaulted and abused for an hour. I don't know what to do anymore. Nobody is taking my situation seriously. I don't have any other place to go to . As i am writing this, my neck is sore and painful. I can't live like this anymore, he started beating me when i was 6 and i feel like one day it will go too far and i'll end up dead. He jokes after we fight and says that i exaggarate. He says i'm nothing without him because he's my older brother and i need guidance. He is very manipulative. I have no friends to talk to and he uses that against me as well.

·
Despite all my rage..
2,757 Posts
This is all really unfortunate and I'm sorry you go through this.

Do your parents know the extent of his violence towards you? I find it shocking that they do nothing to stop this. It sounds like it's your brother that has the real issue here: anger issues, psychotic behavior etc. Has he ever seen a therapist/doctor for these things? Any medication? Does he only do these things when your parents are not around?

I think it is extremely important that if they are not aware of how bad it is with your brother and how badly he physically abuses you, they need to be made aware RIGHT NOW. I think he needs help for his mental instability and propensity for anger and violence and you need help to not be constantly victimized by him.

If your parents (or other family members) insist to not do anything about it, and you refuse to call the police for fear of your own safety, is there any way you can leave the house? Is there anyone else you can live with?

·
Registered
85 Posts
YOU NEED TO GET OUT OF THERE NOW!!! please listen to me, you are constantly being put in a an unhealthy and dangerous position and it needs to stop, if your family isn't going to help, you need to leave! There are MANY online resources you can use to get out NOW. Find a battered womans shelter online and call them up and ask for help, they will know what to do. The first thing you need to do is leave, your brother has some serious issues that are not going to get better but worse. If he is abusing you and it keeps escallating you could be seriously injured by him or even killed if you continue to live there. It sounds like he has a VERY serious issue with his anger. I hope you please read this and get the heck out. If you are afraid of calling for help on the phone, go outside or to a neighbor next door and ask to use their phone, don't be scared to get help because of your brother! You are going to be much safer if you call for help now and get him arrested then if you don't because what happens if he beats you worse next time? You need to get the cops involved, if you have bruises, make sure you tell them and SHOW them, tell them EVERYTHING, make sure you tell them he is threatening to kill you if you call the cops on him, they will arrest him and keep him in jail so he can't come after you, you need to do this NOW

·
자신을 사랑 해
1,420 Posts
YOU NEED TO GET OUT OF THERE NOW!!! please listen to me, you are constantly being put in a an unhealthy and dangerous position and it needs to stop, if your family isn't going to help, you need to leave! There are MANY online resources you can use to get out NOW. Find a battered womans shelter online and call them up and ask for help, they will know what to do. The first thing you need to do is leave, your brother has some serious issues that are not going to get better but worse. If he is abusing you and it keeps escallating you could be seriously injured by him or even killed if you continue to live there. It sounds like he has a VERY serious issue with his anger. I hope you please read this and get the heck out. If you are afraid of calling for help on the phone, go outside or to a neighbor next door and ask to use their phone, don't be scared to get help because of your brother! You are going to be much safer if you call for help now and get him arrested then if you don't because what happens if he beats you worse next time? You need to get the cops involved, if you have bruises, make sure you tell them and SHOW them, tell them EVERYTHING, make sure you tell them he is threatening to kill you if you call the cops on him, they will arrest him and keep him in jail so he can't come after you, you need to do this NOW
Agreed. Nothing that you've said sounds like this behavior will ever deescalate. He will continue to beat you and abuse you, your family will continue to pretend it's not a big deal. It sounds like you have no support there. Get your butt to the police station, take pics of whatever physical evidence you have. Get far away as fast as possible.

·
Tortured Artist Cliche
48 Posts
No one should have to put up with that. If you have injuries, then you can use them as evidence for the cops. If they are not visible I imagine you can still try to notify the cops and let people know you feel unsafe. Tell neighbors so that if they hear anything odd they know you're not ok and should call the cops and/or come investigate. Run to the neighbors if you think things are about to escalate, nobody would fault you for being scared for your safety. I can't believe the rest of your household wouldn't do anything about it. If you could record his abuse somehow then he'd be screwed. I hope you get the help you need. :hug

Even in spite of crippling social anxiety, I would have no problem confronting such an a-hole.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Get a video camera. Evidence of the abuse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts