Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
16,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was made aware that this girl in one of my classes has a pretty big crush on me. She is really pretty and I'm quite surprised that she considers me crush worthy, as I am the creepy weirdo that sits silently by himself being all creepy and weird.

I'll be seeing her again on Tuesday and I have a plan on how I'm going to get her alone with me. She always shows up to class about 5 minutes after me. She comes in and sits down while everyone is silent and the room is packed ( Not an ideal situation for my awkward and nervous self to try and make a move ), then proceeds to molest me with her eyes for the duration of the class.

So my plan is to wait outside of class for her to show up. Then I'm going to open my mouth and say____________________ <---- Help me insert James bond like seductive words here.

·
Very Quiet
2,934 Posts
How abouts ...
"Hey Jenny, You have a second?.. I just found a ten dollar bill on the floor , do you feel like coming with me for coffee?"

EDIT: Just saw the James Bond part... haha ..guess not

·
Banned
16,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay. So far, I'm going to wear nothing but a towel, oil myself up say "Hey, mama", then tell her I found a ten dollar bill and ask her out for coffee. What else should I do?

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
I have a hard time meeting a girl and setting up a date all in the same conversation, I usually ease into it (wait do I even ask girls out in the first place?) Like I'd probably just say hey and ask her name then see if some small talk can roll out from there. Then depending on how that went I might ask her out the next time you're in class so that it seems a little more natural. Asking a girl out before even getting to know her a little never made sense to me unless it's a situation where you know you're never going to bump into her again. So I'd just take some time and keep it casual since you're going to see her for sure every other day for the next month or two.

·
Banned
16,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a hard time meeting a girl and setting up a date all in the same conversation, I usually ease into it (wait do I even ask girls out in the first place?) Like I'd probably just say hey and ask her name then see if some small talk can roll out from there. Then depending on how that went I might ask her out the next time you're in class so that it seems a little more natural. Asking a girl out before even getting to know her a little never made sense to me unless it's a situation where you know you're never going to bump into her again. So I'd just take some time and keep it casual since you're going to see her for sure every other day for the next month or two.
But I already bought the damn baby oil :/

·
Member of SAS
1,868 Posts
Okay. So far, I'm going to wear nothing but a towel, oil myself up say "Hey, mama", then tell her I found a ten dollar bill and ask her out for coffee. What else should I do?
Lol, sorry I had to. What a great movie. If you really did though and pulled it off alright she'd definitely crack up and go somewhere with you. There's nothing better than making girls laugh.

·
Banned
16,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lol, sorry I had to. What a great movie. If you really did though and pulled it off alright she'd definitely crack up and go somewhere with you. There's nothing better than making girls laugh.
On a serious note. I'm liking the idea of trying to make a funny. I'm definitely going to ask her out. Judging by the way she looks at me and what I've been told, I know she will say yes. I would just like to do it in the least f***ed up and awkward way possible.

When I asked out my ex, I pretty much just walked up to her with the poetic smoothness of an intrusive autistic child and asked her if she wanted to go out sometime. I then got her number and simply walked away. It was embarrassing:/

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,336 Posts
Today I was made aware that this girl in one of my classes has a pretty big crush on me. She is really pretty and I'm quite surprised that she considers me crush worthy, as I am the creepy weirdo that sits silently by himself being all creepy and weird.

I'll be seeing her again on Tuesday and I have a plan on how I'm going to get her alone with me. She always shows up to class about 5 minutes after me. She comes in and sits down while everyone is silent and the room is packed ( Not an ideal situation for my awkward and nervous self to try and make a move ), then proceeds to molest me with her eyes for the duration of the class.

So my plan is to wait outside of class for her to show up. Then I'm going to open my mouth and say____________________ <---- Help me insert James bond like seductive words here.
She probably views you as aloof and mysterious.

·
Floating
1,219 Posts
Make sure you read through this Gonorrhea Thread and carry a jumbo package of condoms when you approach her. Nothing impresses ladies more than a man who needs to have a minimum of 48 condoms on him at all times. :yes

Or you can always wait for her before class and ask, "Hey stalker. Do you mind if I sit with you today?" :p

·
Life is funny
1,688 Posts
My advice is to not take advice from these guys!

Can you just ask the girl if she wants to get together and study? Wouldnt that be a lot less pressure than "hi, whats your name, wanna go out?" A study date is a good way to get acquainted without all the weirdness of a date. At least it's always worked for me.

·
Father, Son & Holyzilla
7,386 Posts
Before she walks into class say "you did X project/home work yet?" Then tell a stupid joke before you guys walk in. Then sit next to her and talk to her during class. After class you can ask for her number to call and text then set up the date later in the day.

·
castor sacs
7,092 Posts
Incorrect usage of "thy." Minus 20 charisma with dah ladies. That's a pro tip for you right there.

Sitting by yourself is not creepy. It just means that you don't want or can't sit by other people due to reasons anywhere from not knowing anyone in the vicinity to classic avoidance anxiety. Did she explicitly admit she has a crush on you, or did you hear it secondhand, or did you deduce it simply from her prolonged stares....?

Anyway, I'd just start a conversation like this: 1) briefly mention something related to the class, 2) ask her 1-2 personal questions, subtly, like "what's your area of study?" then, 3) ask her if she'd ever like to hang out or study with you. If this is too large a step for you, instead ask if you could exchange emails or phone numbers as a contact simply to "help each other out" with staying on top of assignments in class. Later on you can use these contacts to ask her out. It may be easier to do so over the phone or via text.

·
Still playing.
7,256 Posts
^Seconded. Sit near where she sits and strike something up, or walk out with her and make a little small talk. Yeh yeh small talk's tortuous but you can segue into finding out more about her. If she flirts, or responds to your flirting and you get the sense she's interested, then ask for her number saying you could hangout between classes or something.

·
Going to war
3,928 Posts
You guys had me at rape im surpised you guys know more then that.

kidding actually there is some good pointers in here im taking notes.

·
Going to war
3,928 Posts
Make sure you read through this Gonorrhea Thread and carry a jumbo package of condoms when you approach her. Nothing impresses ladies more than a man who needs to have a minimum of 48 condoms on him at all times. :yes

Or you can always wait for her before class and ask, "Hey stalker. Do you mind if I sit with you today?" :p
That awesome I laughed so hard. actually Im gonna do that actually when I ask a girl out pull out a pack of condoms so large there link together and they drop 5 feet to the ground. Then be like hey you wanna hook up.

·
waiting to bloom
8,863 Posts
My advice is to not take advice from these guys!

Can you just ask the girl if she wants to get together and study? Wouldnt that be a lot less pressure than "hi, whats your name, wanna go out?" A study date is a good way to get acquainted without all the weirdness of a date. At least it's always worked for me.
I don't agree with this because the intention is not clear/can get misconstrued. Does he just need someone to study with or does he want to get to know the girl on a more personal level? It's fine to use school as a subject to break the ice, but I wouldn't use it as the plan for meeting up.

·
Abendfuchs
1,357 Posts
Does this class have self-assigned seating? (Where students tend to pick a spot on the first day of class and stay there) I think sitting by her would be good if there is an open spot by her. If you sat in the spot next to hers or even just closer to hers before she comes in, it would be interesting to see her reaction.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts