Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello.. im 14 and live in the uk

im not sure if i have social anxiety but saw some thing on tumblr that completely described me (symptoms and stuff ). i lost all my friends when i started secondary school , i got sick (nerve damage) , and didn't go to school for 2-3 years.When i finally went back it was obvious that my "friends" had made new ones and didn't want to know me. i dont go to school anymore because i get really anxious about seeing certain people although my parents think i dont go anymore because i cant catch up ( i do home schooling now) i don't want to spend another summer indoors depressed again. does anybody have any ideas about how to get out of the house and start making some new friends ?:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
301 Posts
It sounds like you have the right attitude, because staying in doors won't help and you seem to know that already which is pretty admirable.

Could you try to go to a different school and make new friends? Or is that not an option? What about out of school clubs that force you to socialize - would your parents sign you up for something you were interested in? I don't know about where you live, but you could try looking up different "youth centres".

A youth centre will usually offer different programs for people around your age. They might offer things for free, or for a much lower price. They might have confidence workshops, or sports, or anything really. Something like the "YMCA" or "Kiwanis" if you're familiar with those. I would suggest going to google.com , and then typing in the search bar "youth centres" or "youth clubs" and then the name of your city.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts