Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Silly Willy
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not necessarily complaining, and I know it may be foolish, but I need some motivation...

I've got a heap of work that I need to do today that I've been putting off. I tend to do a whole lot of time-wasting crap to ignore all of the things that make me depressed, but then I stress out at the end of the term. It's completely moronic, but it keeps happening. Nobody helps me out, so I'm simply asking for a bit of guidance :eek:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there, I'm having the exact same problem as you right now with my university course. The anxiety causes me to put off everything until the last minute (and I mean I have two major assessments due in 3 days that I have not yet completed).... I honestly just told myself today "Do the work. If you hand something in, it is not likely that you will fail, however if you do nothing, you will definitely fail. Seems harsh but it seems to work for me. Sometimes you just gotta do stuff you hate, no matter how boring it is - because otherwise bad things happen. I am trying to change my ways about my terrible procrastination and if I find anything else that works for me, I will let you know :)

·
Silly Willy
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice, guys! I've almost gotten everything done. Looks like I stressed out for nothing last week, we've got until Friday to get all our work finished...
Your recommendations helped considerably to be honest! Sorry for replying late, I've had no internet...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts