Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to do an informative speech for my speech class, and I'm going to do it on Social Anxiety. I already have the outline done, except for my Attention Getter.

I'm having the hardest time coming up with one that's creative and relates to my topic. Any ideas? (My outline's due tomorrow, although I can change it if I decide to).

·
Registered
10 Posts
You could talk about Social Anxiety and how it affects you or other people who suffer from it. How it impacts quality of life etc. You could also talk about stigma related to this and how judgements are made by others. I find that most people judge things like Social Anxiety and other mental health disorders because they are characteristics or feelings that they recognise in themselves, but they have no idea of the intensity.

·
Stuck in limbo
92 Posts
I took Speech last semester, and for informative speeches the Professor had suggested we pose a question as the "attention grabber." Maybe you could try something like, "Have you ever had a time in your life when you suffered from so much emotional discomfort, it kept you from socializing with others? This is what people with social anxiety have to live through, everyday."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts