1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I made a blood test yesterday and here are results:
-sodium: normal
-potassium: too high
-magnesium: too high (I'm supplementing it in high doses tho so not surprised)
-calcium:too high
-iron: normal.
Everything where I said "too high", it's not too much over limit, but still over it. And here is my question: could it be coused by anxiety? becouse I was very anxious during the test so maybe anxiety couses release of these minerals to blood, anyone knows?

·
Registered
844 Posts
No, the results are definitely not caused by anxiety during the test. They are most likely caused by diet. But you could do a quick Google search to find out if there are other possible causes that could be relevant.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah there is a very promising thing which is overactive thyroid gland. I would be actually happy to find out that this is my problem, becouse it means I could lower my anxiety by some hormone medications. But I don't think that is the case since the minerals in blood should be much above the limit, and in my case it's really slightly above. However I'm still surprised becouse people with anxiety tend to have low levels of this minerals. Can anyone else confirm that anxiety didn't couse wrong test results?

·
Super Moderator
9,575 Posts
becouse I was very anxious during the test so maybe anxiety couses release of these minerals to blood
Doubtful. Blood tests are pretty much strictly in the areas of your physical health, and I don't see how mental health can affect it in any way, other than your mental health triggering you to do something that affects your physical health. Probably a question for your doctor for this reason.

Blood tests can come up odd often times depending on what you eat/drink or your you did beforehand. It's probably worthwhile to take another blood test some time down the line to see if the levels are like this again. I'm going to guess that's what you doctor might suggest if they don't express too much alarm for it.

·
Super Moderator
36,938 Posts
Depends on how far off they are but it's probably possible for them to be a little off in any diection and for it to not be an issue. If you had a blood test, I'm assuming you have a doctor to interpret it for you?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not really, I did it on my own becouse I heard that low levels of these minerals may trigger anxiety. But it turned out I have too much of it 😂

1 - 6 of 6 Posts