Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I'll try to make it as clear as possible cause English is not my first language.

I quit high school one year ago and since that day I haven't been in touch with no one from that damn place, and I mean no one, cause I kinda hated them all, except for one guy.
We barely spoke, but when we did spoke I felt like I'm in heaven. I've always wanted to try and make a move, but since I've left there was no opportunity for me to do it.

Lately I've been thinking about it a lot. I think that maybe I can PM him on facebook (I don't have an "official" facebook account, I hate it, but I have one in cases that I want to look at certain pictures or something), but I don't know what the hell to write! :um

It's important to me to mention again that we've barely spoke, but I'm pretty sure that he liked me at least a bit. He's not quiet or "weird" as I am, he's actually considered to be one of the cool (?!) kids (I hate this word, "cool", it sounds lame, but you know what I mean) but he's so nice and so intelligence, and that's pretty rare.

anyways, what should I write exactly? Cause It's gonna be such an out-of-the-blue message, but I liked him so much back then and I keep thinking about him and I want to get to know him but I'm afraid so much that it's gonna sound weird and creepy.

God, I'm sorry that it came out so long and that my English sucks, but I really really (!) need your advice. I don't wanna do anything stupid that will **** things up forever.

Thank you so much.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Just send a casual "hey, how's it going, it's been awhile... what are you up to these days?" type message. IMO, the risk of appearing creepy is very low for girls approaching guys, unless they do it in an extraordinarily overbearing way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just send a casual "hey, how's it going, it's been awhile... what are you up to these days?" type message. IMO, the risk of appearing creepy is very low for girls approaching guys, unless they do it in an extraordinarily overbearing way.
I understand what you're saying, but the thing is that I still want to somehow make it clear that it's not just a casual "hey, how's it going" that I send to everyone suddenly and that I do have a specific interest in him.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I understand what you're saying, but the thing is that I still want to somehow make it clear that it's not just a casual "hey, how's it going" that I send to everyone suddenly and that I do have a specific interest in him.
Well, my take is that if you haven't spoken in a long time, simply contacting him "out of the blue" will show enough interest - at least for now. If he responds favorably and a conversation begins, then you can start making your intentions a little more obvious. I think it could be slightly overwhelming if he perceives you as coming onto him in the very first contact he's had from you in a year.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, my take is that if you haven't spoken in a long time, simply contacting him "out of the blue" will show enough interest - at least for now. If he responds favorably and a conversation begins, then you can start making your intentions a little more obvious. I think it could be slightly overwhelming if he perceives you as coming onto him in the very first contact he's had from you in a year.
I guess you're absolutely right. If he does have an interest in me as well, the message itself will do its thing. I hope.

Anyways, thank you for being the only one out of 92 views that's willing to help. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
My advice is to start the conversation out slow. You never want to jump into things too quickly, or else that is when it will become odd. Perhaps ask him if he was "that" guy you went to high school with, even if you know it's him; it's a good way to start the conversation, I suppose.

·
wondering
65 Posts
Hi....I agree with the starting out slow since it's been awhile. You'll be able to tell alot more from the way he answers and then build on that. It's good for you and important to try to connect to others, because we all know how hard that is. And I think your english is great! And maybe something to think about, with the 92 views but not many willing to help, maybe lots wanted to but couldn't think of the right words, or had an idea but thought it would sound stupid to someone else, or they have the same problem themselves and have no idea how to help. I jumped in here twice myself before I had enough nerve to post something :| But good luck & be proud of yourself for giving it a try.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My advice is to start the conversation out slow. You never want to jump into things too quickly, or else that is when it will become odd. Perhaps ask him if he was "that" guy you went to high school with, even if you know it's him; it's a good way to start the conversation, I suppose.
That would probably be way too obvious to ask, since I can see his profile picture, the people I know in his friends list etc. etc...
But thanks anyway, I'll definitely try to start as slow as possible.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi....I agree with the starting out slow since it's been awhile. You'll be able to tell alot more from the way he answers and then build on that. It's good for you and important to try to connect to others, because we all know how hard that is. And I think your english is great! And maybe something to think about, with the 92 views but not many willing to help, maybe lots wanted to but couldn't think of the right words, or had an idea but thought it would sound stupid to someone else, or they have the same problem themselves and have no idea how to help. I jumped in here twice myself before I had enough nerve to post something :| But good luck & be proud of yourself for giving it a try.
Thank you so much for the nice comment (and the complimant about my English. It means a lot :yes).

I think that maybe I will write him that I was at my aunt's house and she was searching someone from work on facebook named *** ** (something similar to his full name, since it's a very common name) and it suddenly made me think of him cause In high school I've always wanted to talk to him more than two sentences, but it never came out, and then I'll ask what's he up to these days and see how he reacts to me.

What do you think about it? And don't afraid to be honest!

·
wondering
65 Posts
Hi...I think that's a good way to have the setting in place and sounds very natural. You may not even have to go into too much detail about it when it comes down to it, so maybe you can be flexible depending how the conversation gets off to a start. This might seem silly, and I feel stupid when I do it, but it really helps me alot....I write down some phrases or thoughts ahead of time to keep in front of me, so that if my mind goes blank I have something to help me stay on track. I hope it turns out favorably for you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts