Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've pretty much given up on my college P.doc, after visiting him today and having him basically tell me we've tried everything there is, after only trying prozac, ativan, and inderol. I think its because he has to go through a lot of beauracracy thats preventing him from prescribing me the good stuff, as college students tend to have a high potential for abusing drugs. However, I must get Adderall, I've tried it, it works like magic, and I must have it.

How do I go about doing this without spending too much money going from doctor office to doctor office? Should I just say that I have ADD and I always have (which can very well be possible because I pretty much match all the syptoms on those online symptom lists, but then again I'm pretty sure a lot of ppl w/o add can match up with it too.)

Should I not even mention my passed visits with my previous doctor or should I say I visited a doctor but he didn't give me the kind of treatment I wanted?

Also, is it possible to visit two docs at the same time while one prescribes me adderall and the other a benzo all while the two docs know nothing about each other, or is there some way they can find out about each other?

·
Banned
642 Posts
Find a Pdoc who doesn't accept insurance, one that has a private home office is a bonus. With you being the PAYER your more likely to get the "Dr. House" type of treatment your looking for.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Also, is it possible to visit two docs at the same time while one prescribes me adderall and the other a benzo all while the two docs know nothing about each other, or is there some way they can find out about each other?
Bad idea, don't even try it.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Find a Pdoc who doesn't accept insurance, one that has a private home office is a bonus. With you being the PAYER your more likely to get the "Dr. House" type of treatment your looking for.
How does one find this "Dr. House" treatment you speak of?

Bad idea, don't even try it.
Got it, GOOD. I think I can obtain benzo's fairly easily, yet expensively through alternative methods anyway.

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
Did you ask why you weren't given it?

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
college students tend to have a high potential for abusing drugs. However, I must get Adderall, I've tried it, it works like magic, and I must have it.
Also, not to be an *** or anything, but these ^^ two sentences don't seem to go well together. Or is it just me?

·
Registered
336 Posts
man i feel this post. I tried to get adderall for so freaking long. I rode the med train from hell and trust me it sucked. Ive tried so many meds before getting adderall. Once he perscribed it, after almost a year, I was finally doing good. But after a while i started getting manic..... like little hallucinations and delusions. I tried every freaking downer to stop it but it wouldnt stop the mania. I think my brain hates adderall now. It definatly doesnt seem like a long term med latley.
rite as I take it i feel all sped up and my mind is going like 5 times as fast. And i think about worrysome things anyway.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also, not to be an *** or anything, but these ^^ two sentences don't seem to go well together. Or is it just me?
what are you a grammar nazi? Maybe I should have replaced howerver with reguardless. Crap if I can't properly write one sentence I wonder how that 8 page essay I typed out will end up o_O.

Nope, I didn't really wanna ask him after he told me we've tried everything. I did hint to it a hell of a lot though.

man i feel this post. I tried to get adderall for so freaking long. I rode the med train from hell and trust me it sucked. Ive tried so many meds before getting adderall. Once he perscribed it, after almost a year, I was finally doing good. But after a while i started getting manic..... like little hallucinations and delusions. I tried every freaking downer to stop it but it wouldnt stop the mania. I think my brain hates adderall now. It definatly doesnt seem like a long term med latley.
rite as I take it i feel all sped up and my mind is going like 5 times as fast. And i think about worrysome things anyway.
Well that just sounds scary. How long and often were u taking it? I've been seeing this doc for a very almost a year myself, and after a year of him slowly increasing my dosage from 10mg to 40mg of prozac within the last 6 months, I've finally decided to drop it. I did it cold turkey, which I'm proud of for some reason.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So much fckin beauracracy we have to go through to get the good ****. I just want some quality drugs is alls I'm sayin'.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
I'm going to guess because it's a C-II drug, the most highly controlled class of legal drugs.

Because some college students will party all the time instead of actually doing any school work and then use amphetamines to stay up all night and cram for an exam they have the next morning.

Because the DEA is a f'ing pain the ***.

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
I'm going to guess because it's a C-II drug, the most highly controlled class of legal drugs.

Because some college students will party all the time instead of actually doing any school work and then use amphetamines to stay up all night and cram for an exam they have the next morning.

Because the DEA is a f'ing pain the ***.
I agree.

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
what are you a grammar nazi? Maybe I should have replaced howerver with reguardless. Crap if I can't properly write one sentence I wonder how that 8 page essay I typed out will end up o_O.
It has nothing to do with grammar. If I knew that a drug had potential for abuse and someone came to me saying "Dude! I neeeeed this stuff!!" I'd be hesitant to dole it out.

But seriously, you should ask why. If you're not asking questions about your treatment then ultimately you're not going to get the treatment you want.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
You should really tell your doctor about that -- sounds like amphetamine psychosis (/paranoid schizophrenia).

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It has nothing to do with grammar. If I knew that a drug had potential for abuse and someone came to me saying "Dude! I neeeeed this stuff!!" I'd be hesitant to dole it out.

But seriously, you should ask why. If you're not asking questions about your treatment then ultimately you're not going to get the treatment you want.
Well, its not like I walked in the doctors office sratching myself and fidgeting around asking for my fix of adderall

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
Well, its not like I walked in the doctors office sratching myself and fidgeting around asking for my fix of adderall
Fair enough. But if you've researched it and you feel that it may be beneficial to your treatment then you should ask about it. The doc's not giving it to you now, so what's the worst they can do? Not give it to you again? And if they give you some grief about college kids abusing it, well then you need to convince them you're a fine upstanding young person who would never think of doing such a thing.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fair enough. But if you've researched it and you feel that it may be beneficial to your treatment then you should ask about it. The doc's not giving it to you now, so what's the worst they can do? Not give it to you again? And if they give you some grief about college kids abusing it, well then you need to convince them you're a fine upstanding young person who would never think of doing such a thing.
I think I will do just that. I'm gonna be more direct with him next time. And I am fine upstanding young person! hahah thanks.

·
3rd SAS Battalion
886 Posts
This focus on drugs is very worrying. Adderall is highly addictive and you'll find the more you take it the more you need. There is no magic pill. You are anxious because of a psychological disorder, no pill can cure that underlying root.

This focus on pills is worrying, the truth is that no pill is going to get you out of the mess you are in. The only thing that will get you out of it is a lot of hard work.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I was honest with my doc and told him I tried adderall before from some friends in college and it seemed to be the only thing that helped me feel like i could control the negative thoughts in my mind. After he heard this he wrote me a prescription for it. I wasn't expecting him to but I told him my drug history and he seemed to think it was a good idea.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts