Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The god of war series kind of blew it out of the water but Prince of Persia had a certain arabic vibe to it that I really liked ...I hope they revamp this series and release a 4th installment..

·
I'm not Dead...Yet
2,189 Posts
There have been rumors of a one, but nothing confirmed as of yet.

If there is a new entry and it tanks like the one in 2008 did though, that could be it for the series.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I played through sands of time in 2005 i got it bundled with my sound card.
Games like this belong to a more innocent time, if one came out today it would be buried in DLC, DRM, achievements, unlocks, unoptimised, and you wouldn't be able to play it ever because the uplay servers would be down.

·
Registered
308 Posts
umm Wouldn't Prince of Persia have a Persian vibe instead of Arabic? But kind of happy they stopped that series. Feel like it needed a pause since the quality didn't seem to be there.

·
Banned
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
umm Wouldn't Prince of Persia have a Persian vibe instead of Arabic? But kind of happy they stopped that series. Feel like it needed a pause since the quality didn't seem to be there.
I think the persian empire was situated somewhere in that area...so middle eastern or arabic..whatever you want to call it.

and yeah the series did have its weak points but that never bothered me ..also, I think The god of war and assassins creed series ripped Prince of persia off so much that it really wouldnt have much to make it unique anymore.

·
permanently barnacled
4,801 Posts
Their are still half way decent platformer franchises out their that are still active. DMC got rebooted and granted it wasn't that spectacular, but the ending offered a lot of potential for the series. Everyone for whatever reason hated the Spanish reboot of Castlevania, which i thought was pretty epic (with a few hiccups but still). and The reboot of Laura Craft was really fun.

·
Sloth King
1,828 Posts
Loved the **** out of that game, I remember helping out friends back in elementary school who were stuck in Sands of Time :p

The original trilogy is sacred to me, every game having it's own features that make it stand out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts