Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so im a auto parts driver, anyway there is this guy at a muffler shop that we deliver to who kind of likes to give me a hard time every once and a while. i usually dont take it too seriously, but i think he caught on to the fact that i was a really quiet person and he could treat me however he wanted without any consequences. anyway he has had some of these "bad days" in the past where he acts very rude and i usually just forget about it. well today he was being a jerk more than usual, we deliver to this place alot, every time i pulled up to the shop he looked so fed up with seeing me. i would go up and he would take to me in a very rude manner, for example he would say whats todays ****ing date? or he will say you again. anyway he was doing this all day, finally on the last delivery i made there he said god you again im tired of ****ing seeing you and his little buddies laughed. idk what came over me but i yelled "well you order the ****ing parts right? so who the **** do you expect to come the pope, so just sign the ****ing paper and let me get out of here" thats exactly what i said. anyways once i get back to the store my manager pulls me in back of the store and says the only way we keep there account is if we get rid of you, so i will let you know what my decision is tomorrow morning. i just can explain how i feel to you guys, i really dont know why people treat me like a second class citizen because im soft spoken. it happens at every single job and i promised myself i wouldnt let it happen to me at this job, but it still does. i hate being like this, every single little thing gets to me and sends me into a rage. i just wish ppl could look past the whole quiet guy thing and realize what a good guy i am, will the extrovert go pick you up in the middle of the night when your car breaks down, NO!!!, will they buy you something to eat when you have no money, NO!!!, they see this one little thing about me and think they no my whole life story withing five minutes of knowing me. anyway im going to stop now, you guys probably think im crazy lol. thanks for all the support guys.

·
Registered
121 Posts
i know how u feel,i was always treated bad at work.not as bad as that tho,i just get ignored.u gotta try to be more outspoken,even if ur nervous its better than letting it simmer in the air.if u make an effort most people will respect u

·
Registered
449 Posts
well, how bad do you want your job? If you dont care, go to the autoparts store and call that jerk out. when he is with all his buddies, be like 'awww big bad muffler man had to go cry to my boss? Did i hurt your feelings? Should i get you a bottle?'

·
Space Cadet
2,458 Posts
ok so im a auto parts driver, anyway there is this guy at a muffler shop that we deliver to who kind of likes to give me a hard time every once and a while. i usually dont take it too seriously, but i think he caught on to the fact that i was a really quiet person and he could treat me however he wanted without any consequences. anyway he has had some of these "bad days" in the past where he acts very rude and i usually just forget about it. well today he was being a jerk more than usual, we deliver to this place alot, every time i pulled up to the shop he looked so fed up with seeing me. i would go up and he would take to me in a very rude manner, for example he would say whats todays ****ing date? or he will say you again. anyway he was doing this all day, finally on the last delivery i made there he said god you again im tired of ****ing seeing you and his little buddies laughed. idk what came over me but i yelled "well you order the ****ing parts right? so who the **** do you expect to come the pope, so just sign the ****ing paper and let me get out of here" thats exactly what i said. anyways once i get back to the store my manager pulls me in back of the store and says the only way we keep there account is if we get rid of you, so i will let you know what my decision is tomorrow morning. i just can explain how i feel to you guys, i really dont know why people treat me like a second class citizen because im soft spoken. it happens at every single job and i promised myself i wouldnt let it happen to me at this job, but it still does. i hate being like this, every single little thing gets to me and sends me into a rage. i just wish ppl could look past the whole quiet guy thing and realize what a good guy i am, will the extrovert go pick you up in the middle of the night when your car breaks down, NO!!!, will they buy you something to eat when you have no money, NO!!!, they see this one little thing about me and think they no my whole life story withing five minutes of knowing me. anyway im going to stop now, you guys probably think im crazy lol. thanks for all the support guys.
Tell your boss how abusive the guy is. Tell him that you've been an exemplary worker up to this point, and that you don't feel it's fair to be terminated because of someone else being an *******. Threaten to file a human rights complaint/lawsuit.

Pull every string and don't go down without a good fight. And if all else fails, go do what bob said.

"Oh, you act so big and tough here, but when I call you out you go crying to my boss. What's wrong, wittle baby? Did I hurt your feewings? Or did you just lose your balls somewhere?"

·
Registered
104 Posts
I agree. Tell your boss how much crap you've taken off this guy in the past. It might not make up for it because you're expected to act in a professional manner. You know, "the customer is always right" crap.

But people make mistakes. And a person can only take so much before they snap. I doubt you're going to walk away from it without some sort of reprimand, but maybe in the back of his mind your boss will respect you more for sticking up for yourself.

·
Banned
768 Posts
Just make sure you explain to your boss everything you told us. And if he's not reasonable, find a better situation. From the sound of things, that customer has your boss by the balls anyway, that's not a good environment to be in when the boss won't stick up for the employee.

·
Banned
12,147 Posts
But your dignity is. Check if the stores got cameras. If they do and he wants to fight, point out the cameras. If he still does, make sure your near something that can be used as a weapon. Or bring a big black guy.
With that attitude, you're going to end up in jail or worse. I'm not saying that to be a jerk I know it sounds harsh. I'm just saying. Violence will get you or someone else hurt or killed and if the person gets a criminal record, he will have a harder time than ever gaining employment.

If his boss isn't understanding enough to let him keep his job after he has explained himself, the job isn't worth it. Dignity is one thing that you can sacrifice a little of to keep the peace and your good name. If you start a fight in a place of business, 9 times out of 10, the police will be notified.

·
Registered
492 Posts
**** i lost a job i never had for defending myself.
I went in for an interview and received the job, was told to cal next week for schedule i was happy. So i called, and then they say call next week we need to wait for your uniforms to come in, i called they said next week no uniforms, i called they saiD NEXT WEEK FOR UNIFORMS. Then i called the falling week, and the manager "was leaving" then i called the following week and the guy answering the phone was all "she'll have to get back to you" so im like come on, so i called coprate and they told me they're were no complaint service for potential employees. So they gave me the area managers number, i then recieved a call later that day for the manager, i had been calling for over a month and she told me she wasn't going to hire me because i had called corporate and complained. SOME OL BULL****
this is our america ppl

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Do you live in the New York/New Jersey area?

It's very hard for soft spoken people to make it in the capitalist world. I am fairly confident and seemingly outgoing (or whatever you want to call it) but I still have trouble. I don't like dealing with people. The difference between me and many people on this site is that I don't care. I don't want to change for anyone. I don't care about getting the most business, doing what's best for the business, etc. I don't really greet potential customers. I get tired of fake smiles. I'm not a cheerleader for capitalism and the way things work in our world. F--- it. If this makes me end up a bum, then oh well.

·
Registered
449 Posts
With that attitude, you're going to end up in jail or worse. I'm not saying that to be a jerk I know it sounds harsh. I'm just saying. Violence will get you or someone else hurt or killed and if the person gets a criminal record, he will have a harder time than ever gaining employment.

If his boss isn't understanding enough to let him keep his job after he has explained himself, the job isn't worth it. Dignity is one thing that you can sacrifice a little of to keep the peace and your good name. If you start a fight in a place of business, 9 times out of 10, the police will be notified.
I was actually being sarcastic, i thought i implied that with the blatant rascism. Guess not. But really the idea was dont throw the first punch, let him do it. With cameras, police can see who thru the first punch. And if he did bring a big black guy, it would be to say, 'hey dont start anything i got back up.' He could of course just say his words and walk out. leave your car runnning tho, just in case.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Hate to be pessimistic, but it sounds like you're going to get fired for sure.

Losing the account = Losing money.

And we all know money talks. Hopefully the guy will calm down between now and tomorrow and change his stance and not threaten to cancel the account. Maybe then you'll be spared your job.

·
Banned
12,147 Posts
I was actually being sarcastic, i thought i implied that with the blatant rascism. Guess not. But really the idea was dont throw the first punch, let him do it. With cameras, police can see who thru the first punch. And if he did bring a big black guy, it would be to say, 'hey dont start anything i got back up.' He could of course just say his words and walk out. leave your car runnning tho, just in case.
Well, blatant racism is often expressed on the web by people who are actually serious about it. Since I don't know you, I don't know you aren't racist.

Anyway, I still think it's a bad idea to cause a stink over it. The guy at the shop sounds like he might be a little unstable anyway. Why else would he be talking **** to the delivery guy for no reason? That just makes no sense.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hey guys, i was actually to keep my job, my manager talked to the guy and sorted it out for me. so now all we do is have the other driver deliver to him instead of me, which is better than before because now i dont have to deal with his ***. hey atleast i still have my job.

·
"Why So Serious?"
901 Posts
thecraftyveteran I am glad to hear you kept your job and good work on standing up to that a-hole. Dealing with customers is frustrating, I work in a grocery store and I have had the urge to punch customers so many times. I didn't even have to be provoked, just them being annoying would be enough. I still remember one old man (he was about late 50s) who took it too far and basically insulted me, I am still pissed. I have made up my mind though, if I ever see him outside the store I am going to knock him out.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts