Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She starting talking to be so it wasn't exactly a triumph over approach anxiety, but it was still good.

I found that I'm a better conversationalist than I think. I had some pauses from time to time but not the kind of dead ends I usually worry about hitting.

I did get very nervous though, with increased heart rate, mouth dryer than the Sahara etc. I also wasn't quite as loose and comfortable as I'd like to have been (well that's why I'm here DUH), perhaps that effected my my conversation abilities but regardless I think I did alright. The more exposure to the source of anxiety the better.

Another positive result of this experience was that it seemed to have laid to rest this fear I have that I come across as creepy or really weird when I'm nervous, but despite how nervous and uncomfortable I was, I didn't seem to scare her away. In fact, later that night we would ourselves on the same bus again and she kept talking to me.

Overall it was a positive experience, and I hope to apply the lessons I learned from this to future encounters.

·
Banned
92 Posts
awesome man, good job. maybe in a little while when you see how it goes you can ask her for her number.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I was kind of thinking of it while I was with her but I was afraid I'd have a heart attack, haha.

·
Banned
347 Posts
She starting talking to be so it wasn't exactly a triumph over approach anxiety, but it was still good.

I found that I'm a better conversationalist than I think. I had some pauses from time to time but not the kind of dead ends I usually worry about hitting.

I did get very nervous though, with increased heart rate, mouth dryer than the Sahara etc. I also wasn't quite as loose and comfortable as I'd like to have been (well that's why I'm here DUH), perhaps that effected my my conversation abilities but regardless I think I did alright. The more exposure to the source of anxiety the better.

Another positive result of this experience was that it seemed to have laid to rest this fear I have that I come across as creepy or really weird when I'm nervous, but despite how nervous and uncomfortable I was, I didn't seem to scare her away. In fact, later that night we would ourselves on the same bus again and she kept talking to me.

Overall it was a positive experience, and I hope to apply the lessons I learned from this to future encounters.
Did you get a number? Was she hot?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Well done :)

I was in a similar situation last week, the more conversations your involved in the easier it will be ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts