Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After living in this area for about 5 years, I finally took it upon myself to walk across the street and present myself to the neighbors. Usually, when I get to meet a neighbor, is because my so meets them first and introduces me, or because they knocked my door and introduced themselves.

This family move here around 6 months ago. By their accent, I knew they came from the same hometown as myself. I wanted to meet them, but always got bad SA. I even started to walk towards their home, but chickened out and turned around. But today I went all the way and introduced myself. And guess what???? They were FRIENDLY! \0/

We spent sometime talking about our hometown, they offered me some beer and I'm already invited to their next BBQ. Hurrah me!

·
is tired of the BS.
418 Posts
That is awesome :p Gives me hope to do the same someday. I've always wanted to be friendly with my neighbors even if they aren't... I just like to make it clear that I don't have anything against anyone cause sometimes I might appear rude/snobbish and I'm not at all! I wish I had those neighbors that brought pies though lol :b

·
Registered
230 Posts
Congratulatory!

When I moved to my new home it took me a few years to meet the neighbours, I realized that they are just normal people. Nothing to be afraid of.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice! I actually started to talk to my neighbors after living here for about a year! Normally I just avoided them as much as I could. Some of them I dont like, there are college girls who just smoke all the time uuuughh

·
Registered
70 Posts
Congrats Mr. Grey! impressive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts