Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I don't want to tell you all the details of my life, I'm going to stick with just the absolutely essential facts: made out with a guy, swapped numbers, texted all day saturday, still haven't figured out his name.

Is there any way I can possibly ask this guy what his name is at this point without him getting pissed off and never talking to me again? My backup plan is to try to get a hold of his student id and read his name off that, but I'm not going to see him for awhile and he mentioned that I should find him on facebook (which i'd need a name for). :afr

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,356 Posts
Is there any possibility that you have mutual friends on facebook? Did you even get his full name? Not sure how people generally find people on facebook with only their first name anyway.

Are there any other facts you know about him that you could use to find out more details? :p basically if you don't want to ask him and don't know anyone else who knows him I guess you're going to have to do digging online..

Student ID... So he's at your uni? That narrows it down a tiny bit :p but not much.

edit: what did you save his number in your phone as? :S

·
Banned
6,324 Posts
Swapped numbers but no names? :-(

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He told me his name, his full name I think, I just don't remember it.

·
Banned
6,324 Posts
Does he know your name?

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there any possibility that you have mutual friends on facebook? Did you even get his full name? Not sure how people generally find people on facebook with only their first name anyway.

Are there any other facts you know about him that you could use to find out more details? :p basically if you don't want to ask him and don't know anyone else who knows him I guess you're going to have to do digging online..

Student ID... So he's at your uni? That narrows it down a tiny bit :p but not much.

edit: what did you save his number in your phone as? :S
I want to ask him, I just don't want him to get mad at me for asking.

I know sorta who a few people at the party were, but I'm not fb friends with them and can't see their friendslists.

Idk what year he's in, so that only really narrows it to like 2,000 people.

He wrote his number on a piece of paper for me, didn't write his name.

Does he know your name?
yeah.

Ugh, I should have told him I forgot yesterday when we first started texting. It would have been much better then.

·
Banned
6,324 Posts
When you text maybe always end it with your name - people often mimic the 'format' of texts.

·
Registered
8,575 Posts
This probably won't be very helpful, but...

·
Pastry Case
1,065 Posts
Could you text him and say 'How exactly do you spell your name'? Pretend you're not sure you remember correctly what he told you.

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Could you text him and say 'How exactly do you spell your name'? Pretend you're not sure you remember correctly what he told you.
Yeah but he might send back something like A.D.A.M. S.M.I.T.H. It could be a super easy name and asking that is the same as admitting to forgetting it.

I might just have to admit I don't remember his name and deal with the consequences of that. I guess I'm wondering how would most guys feel if a girl they might be into said she forgot his name.

·
Banned
1,437 Posts
You're making a big deal over nothing, just make a little joke about your memory or something and ask. If he gets upset than he's a douche. Don't worry about it.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Just ask lol. Like someone else said, make a joke about your memory. Do it sooner rather than later. He shouldn't get angry..I mean I wouldn't

·
Still playing.
7,256 Posts
I don't think it's a big deal. The sooner you could've asked the better, but I don't think he'd get mad if you were drunk. Maybe if you hang out, pretend you deleted his number and ask him to put it back in your phone. Just be like "I'm gonna go grab something, just put in all your info in my phone".

Edit: omg! Perfect solution if you really don't want to ask. You go to college, right? College's usually give students their first name as an email, ask what his email is, to send him a paper to check for you or something. Or at my old college it was initials with 4 random numbers, but even in that case it could still display the student's full name under it if I clicked. If that's the case ask for his email, say it's for a club or something, a project, w/e, and then you get his name.

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Edit: omg! Perfect solution if you really don't want to ask. You go to college, right? College's usually give students their first name as an email, like mine at my college is [email protected] you know? ask for his email, it might seem awkward but it's a way. Or at my old college it was initials with 4 random numbers, but in that case, it still displays the student's name under it. If that's the case ask for his email, say it's for a club or something, a project, w/e, and then you get his name.
OMG thank you so much!!! I'm going to ask for his email.

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
And it worked. He actually gave me his personal email without his name, but I googled it and found his name from that. Awesome.

(Now I'm gonna send him a bunch of cute cat gifs so it doesn't look weird that I randomly asked for his email)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts