Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Megan
16 Posts
Well, I haven't made the official appointment yet. I called the Employee Assistance Program with my dad's work, because I have access to it as long as I'm on his insurance. Anyway, I told the counselor on the phone that I needed recommendations to therapists in my area, and she's going to call me back in the morning with a list. Because of the EAP, I get twelve free appointments, and after that there's only a $20 copay for every appointment.

·
Registered
208 Posts
How do you feel about it? Excited? Scared? Indifferent? I go back and forth and just never take the plunge and make an appointment - I know I should, but I feet over the cost and also the time I feel it will take to find a good enough therapist who is also a good fit for me. It feels like I much work to get help that may or may not 'cure' me anyway or be any more affective than I can be on my own.
On the other hand- having a third party, on my side, is probably just what I need....

·
Megan
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm nervous. I have the same issues as you - I've never found a therapist I really clicked with, but I know I need it... It's just a lot of work to find someone I click with and feel like I can trust. The fact that it's free is a huge factor in deciding to call though - I definitely understand the price issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts