Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
10,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Especially sugar-free . I can't stand overly-sweet energy drinks .. .. It just irritates my tongue , in a despicable way .. but sugar-free is perfect .

These are my day-drinks . My night drinks look a bit different .. .. and have an opposite effect :b

I wouldn't recommend exceeding 250ml per every 6 hours though . It's a sucky feeling .

I drink energy drinks to ease muscle pain .. .. and when taking on creative tasks which involve lots of concentration .. and nerding around .

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
They're too pricey for what they give. The only ingredient in red bull (and most energy drinks) worth a damn is caffeine, and it's much more cost effective to get your caffeine from home made coffee or caffeine pills.

·
You can do this!
4,464 Posts

·
Banned
10,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They're too pricey for what they give. The only ingredient in red bull (and most energy drinks) worth a damn is caffeine, and it's much more cost effective to get your caffeine from home made coffee or caffeine pills.
It provides Vitamin B12 though ... .. which can be hard to get in a vegetarian diet .. .. the lack of which results in depression and fatigue .

Inositol has also been shown in some studies to reduce Depression and regulate moods .

I'm thankful that I live next to a convenience store which somehow , miraculously managed to get red bull cans at a price that's 20% cheaper than the supermarket .

That .. and I just like the taste , and that carbonated feel in my mouth . lol . Nothing beats a fresh , cold .. red bull .. from outta the fridge .

·
Phucked
739 Posts
I like caffeine drinks too, but eventually you get to a point where you can have a nap after a couple of Red Bulls, so use them sparingly.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
90 tablets of Jet Alert caffeine pills cost $3.43 at Walmart. 200mg each. By far the most efficient way to get caffeine.

·
Phucked
739 Posts
90 tablets of Jet Alert caffeine pills cost $3.43 at Walmart. 200mg each. By far the most efficient way to get caffeine.
Since the nearest Wal-mart is probably 3000 miles away, I'll stick to drinking my Blue Bear.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Since the nearest Wal-mart is probably 3000 miles away, I'll stick to drinking my Blue Bear.
I only gave Walmart as an example. I buy my caffeine pills there because I drive past there and they're the cheapest. You can pick up caffeine pills at any pharmacy for a modest cost.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
I just looked it up and found that a can of Red Bull only contains a mere 80mg of caffeine. Take two of them and you're still not getting as much as I get in a single caffeine pill. No wonder folks have to drink several of them at a time. Wimpy, wimpy, wimpy.

http://energydrink.redbull.com/amount-of-caffeine-in-red-bull

·
Phucked
739 Posts
I only gave Walmart as an example. I buy my caffeine pills there because I drive past there and they're the cheapest. You can pick up caffeine pills at any pharmacy for a modest cost.
Just joking mate.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I just looked it up and found that a can of Red Bull only contains a mere 80mg of caffeine. Take two of them and you're still not getting as much as I get in a single caffeine pill. No wonder folks have to drink several of them at a time. Wimpy, wimpy, wimpy.

http://energydrink.redbull.com/amount-of-caffeine-in-red-bull
The site says 40 billion cans sold... wow.

They must make a ridiculous profit given how cheap Red Bull must be to make and how god damn expensive it is.

·
Banned
10,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Make sure you drink water after you had a can . The drowsy , coming down effect is often due to dehydration .. .. as is the case with Alcohol hangovers .

-- Which is why you should never use caffeine to counter hangovers :p

·
Down the rabbit hole
4,499 Posts
In most stores in Sweden you have to be 15years old to buy energydrinks.

And what 16 years old in Germany and UK to buy beer and wine.:um

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
In most stores in Sweden you have to be 15years old to buy energydrinks.
To buy caffeine pills at Walmart I had to prove I was at least 18. OK, they just looked at me and trusted I was of age.

·
You can do this!
4,464 Posts
That's why they can afford to run two Formula 1 teams.

Also, red bull was banned in a few European countries for a few years. That should tell you something about it. Doesn't look like it is currently.

Still a horrible thing to rely on.
They also own a pretty decent soccer team.

Well, good for the U.S. anyway.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts