Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Looking for an argument
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its just one of the greatest inventions ever, its up there with the internal combustion engine IMO. It always seems to deliver the good songs on shuffle which is the best function on it, its like your own personal radio station with no annoying djs and ads and your own personal selection of music.
Its helped me in the past when i've had to work at dull jobs and its kept me from going insane from boredom, and keeps me entertained on the monotonous walk home from work. Not forgetting my glorious AKG headphones (my babys) i just cherish the pair of them.
They are just such life enhancing material possessions and i love them both to bits.

·
Big Nerd
1,131 Posts
I love mine too.

It's an orange nano. Unfortunatly it's running out of space for music because it's an older gen. Might need to buy one with more space :/ which sucks because i really like this one.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I don't know, the first few I had were lemons, didn't last too long. The latest one though, like 2008-09 or so has gotten the job done, still working. Can't knock the 30 hour battery life or the 160 gbs of storage. Even dropped er in the tub and it survived.

·
Registered
648 Posts
That is probably the saddest **** I ever read. You really think a retarded little music player made by a dead nerd from the 70s is a good invention? **** apple.

·
Wilco Tango Foxtrot!
3,969 Posts
I like my mp3 player; it plays music! :boogie

Portable tape decks...I remember when Walkman's were made out of metal; those were the days! Piracy? Copying tapes if you had a boom box with two decks...nothing like listening to music playing back at double the playback speed while it records on the other one! :D

...certainly more fun than waiting for games to load on the old Commodore 64 tape drive!

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
I have everything Apple. A Mac, an iPad, an iPhone, and an iPod Classic (from 2007.)

Out of all of them, the iPod Classic from 2007 is my second fav to the Mac. It is a brick, has never failed in 7 years, and just runs like clockwork. I may end up getting a newer model, just to update, but I really don't need to.

·
Looking for an argument
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have everything Apple. A Mac, an iPad, an iPhone, and an iPod Classic (from 2007.)

Out of all of them, the iPod Classic from 2007 is my second fav to the Mac. It is a brick, has never failed in 7 years, and just runs like clockwork. I may end up getting a newer model, just to update, but I really don't need to.
I had to replace my classic a couple of years ago which had had been going strong for 6 years but the headphone jack point started to crap out. I bought another classic though, cheaper than the touch and a massive 160gb storage. The pinwheel is a bit clunky to use compared to the smooth navigation of the touch, but 99% of the time i have it on shuffle anyway so it suits me fine.

·
Searching...
6,335 Posts
Without my iphone I feel sad. And yeah I sometimes listen to upbeat songs to lift my spirits. When exercising I can feel pumped by playing cool tunes.

Oh, I definitely gotta buy those underwater headphones at BestBuy when I can, they can hold 3gig of music too, should opt for the year warranty! Imagine swimming underwater and jamming to your favorite songs!

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
I have an iPod. I use it in my truck. I don't have an auxiliary port on my stereo. So I bought a cassette adapter and pop it into the cassette deck on the stereo. I don't even listen to the radio in my truck anymore. I just load up all the songs I want on the iPod.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I cleaned out my car yesterday and found my iPod. I haven't turned it on in a long time, mainly because I listen to music on my phone.

·
Sane
1,334 Posts
I've had my 160GB iPod Classic for about 4 years now, though it's mostly just become a backup of my entire iTunes library now since I don't use it very often any more. I still sometimes listen to it in bed at night, but I mostly listen to my iPod shuffle which I've had for about 1-2 years whenever I'm outside the house nowadays.

It's more convenient to take around than the Classic since I can easily pause a song with the touch of a button, or shuffle between artists/songs without even having to look at anything. I can usually only fit around 200-230 songs on there at a time though, but I'm the kind of person that listens to around 5 or so different albums in a month before moving onto something else, so it's not a major issue.

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
I have an iPhone 4. I'm actually disappointed with it. I was expecting a lot more from an Apple product. has periodic glitches, sluggish, and heats up easily.

·
Sleep in Sanity
540 Posts
currently using my Walkman mp3 =P

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yea my 160GB Classic has been through some rough times & always came through for me. Means more to me than my phone.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Android is so much more easier to put songs on. iTunes is the labyrinth of all music management methods. With android all you have to do is copy mp3 files.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
disagree about shuffle

i always get some short, annoying reprise track from the mary poppins soundtrack followed by a random passage from a michael j fox audiobook

Android is so much more easier to put songs on. iTunes is the labyrinth of all music management methods. With android all you have to do is copy mp3 files.
true

·
Banned
8,418 Posts
I got a bubblegum stick shuffle for sake of price

no screen

good for me cos I know what to expect, when it's random.

I does provide company & delightful tunes. No vocals. Hospital. Perfect for trains but paranoid if people can hear the noise.

I took it to Thailand. My friend was playing his CDs on a beach bar system. I saw the owner taking his amp apart to clean out the sand inside it! Maybe the sand would serve as a good heatsink and not disturb the electronics. When I attached my bubblegum, it was full of good content. But stopped working later. It was sitting on the hot amp. The case and USB plug melted away, being obsolete.

nano came later. Black one I don't use. I listen at home on big floorstanders from Mac and turntables, and in car with ///Alpine kit when not needing a train.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts