Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my past, a girl came around into my life who I thought was beautiful and completely my style. She really tried to get to know me and show her attraction towards me but I was too shy and anxious to make any kind of move or return the interest. I really did feel attraction for her but I have no experience. So little my little, she started to give up and I didn't try to revive this and pursue her because I feared looking lame at the time. There was another guy in this picture who I saw as the wannabe player badboy type (I STILL DO NOT SEE WHAT SHE SEES IN HIM). He eventually won her over and once I found out, I felt depressed and felt like crap for about a week. I couldn't sleep right and had dreams about these two people. I personally hate the guy even though he didn't do anything wrong to me. He just had more balls to make the move than I did. But I feel backstabbed. After this point, I decided to cut off all communication and block any information regarding these two. What's the point?

So while I moved on with my life, but during the periods of loneliness and realizing how I let such a good opportunity pass, I picture them enjoying each other's company and what I'm missing out in life. I go day to day stuck at work and months and months fly by so quickly, and for what?

She is still in my thoughts sometimes and I feel lame for it. I would not care AT ALL if she was with ANYONE BUT HIM. Why does life do that? That hurt me the most... to see that girl go with a guy I didn't like from day one. Why couldn't it be any other guy?

what hurt us instructs us the most right? I guess this is part of growing up and learning to change. Does this type of experience happen in one way or another to everyone?

·
Banned
128 Posts
I can totally relate. Same thing happend to me during my sophomore year in high school. This beautiful girl started sitting next to me in one of my computer classes. She flirted with me a lot. She'd play footsie with me and she would press a bunch of buttons on my keyboard and screw up the project I was doing on the computer. This went on for about a month and then our school had a dance. I went to the dance, but at first I hung outside of the dance floor all by myself because I was anxious with all the people there. Then the girl, from my computer class, saw me sitting all by myself and she dragged(literally) me to the dance floor. We slow danced all night long and til this day, I still regret not kissing her after the dance. Sparks were flying between us that night. I was hoping I would get my first kiss that night, but I was to chicken to make the move. The following weeks, after the dance, things got wierd between us and I can't really explain why, but I know SA contributed to it. She stopped sitting by me in class and I found out that she got a new boyfriend. I still had feelings for her. She still had feelings for me because a couple months later she broke up with her boyfriend, two days before Valentine's Day, for me. She started sitting by me in class again and we talked online, but there was still a lot of awkwardness between us, thanks to my SA. She eventually ended up getting back together with her ex and that was that between us. She gave me a second chance to make a good impression on her and I screwed it up.

I know for a fact that if I didn't have SA, me and that girl would still be together.

·
Entranced
318 Posts
yea I know exactly how you feel. This has happened to me too many times. I have had the perfect opportunity to make a move on a girl I KNOW has an interest in me, but because I am socially retarded, I do nothing and they just move on...

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've had regrets like this in my life. You have to remember how it feels so that next time you have an oppurtunity you don't dare coward out or pass it up. Use it to build resolve.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts