Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 399 Posts

·
black celebration
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a shout-out to all the nice guys: you're awesome! Thank you for for not being douche-bags or jerks, thank you for respecting your sexual partners, thank you for being smart, caring, considerate, thoughtful, and not domineering. If you are a nice guy who seems to finish last, don't change, just become more confident in your awesome self. Show the world you are a confident nice guy, you'll find that people will really, really dig you. :yes

Seriously, being nice + confident is a killer combination. ;)

Edit: Umm.......yeah.

Second edit: Seriously, nice guys are awesome. Very much appreciated. Whether you're confident or not or whatever.

·
Eating The Rude.
264 Posts
Here's a shout-out to all the nice guys: you're awesome! Thank you for for not being douche-bags or ********, thank you for respecting your sexual partners, thank you for being smart, caring, considerate, thoughtful, and not domineering. If you are a nice guy who seems to finish last, don't change, just
become more confident in your
awesome self. Show the world
you are a confident nice guy,
you'll find that people will really,
really dig you. :yes

So true!!! :D :yes

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Here's a shout-out to all the nice guys: you're awesome! Thank you for for not being douche-bags or ********, thank you for respecting your sexual partners, thank you for being smart, caring, considerate, thoughtful, and not domineering. If you are a nice guy who seems to finish last, don't change, just become more confident in your awesome self. Show the world you are a confident nice guy, you'll find that people will really, really dig you. :yes

The problem is that the vast majority of us nice guys on here have little or no confidence.......so yeah, great post.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The low confidence is pretty much what defines "nice guys." I always find it funny that there are plenty of nice guys who are consistently in relationships but they wouldn't be labeled "nice guys" because they have confidence.

This is why being a "nice guy" in the sense of relationships is bad. You can be a nice guy with confidence too, but without the need to label yourself as such.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Too bad it doesn't seem like that's the generally accepted thing. Thanks though, nice to see someone appreciates a nice guy.

As well, great lyrics in your signature Jenikyula. Gnarls Barkley is a great duo.

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
Ok, i'll just snap my fingers and get some confidence, because its as easy as that isnt it?

Again, great post. :roll
Well, there's a problem. You're not actually nice. (not you personally, but in general)

Most nice guys are guys with no confidence who let people walk all over them. They show respect to overcompensate and to try to somehow make people like them. If there were confidence, would you really be nice? (rhetorical)

Same is true for all of "us."

·
Registered
778 Posts
Low confidence? That's your problem. Get some. :roll
i think 'low confidence' is a quality the majority of us here share.

this is a forum for social anxiety afterall.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
i think 'low confidence' is a quality the majority of us here share.

this is an forum for social anxiety afterall.
dingdingdingdingding

Social anxiety and low social confidence are almost inexorably linked.

So every girl who comes to SAS saying "I like nice guys, I just want them to have confidence" -- and there are a ton -- is basically just rubbing salt in the wound. And I don't mean that in the sense that they shouldn't say it if it's true; in fact, I'd prefer they do.

But I'm puzzled as to why they think it will be of any comfort to any guy who's found his way to this site in the first place.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
dingdingdingdingding

Social anxiety and low social confidence are almost inexorably linked.

So every girl who comes to SAS saying "I like nice guys, I just want them to have confidence" -- and there are a ton -- is basically just rubbing salt in the wound. And I don't mean that in the sense that they shouldn't say it if it's true; in fact, I'd prefer they do.

But I'm puzzled as to why they think it will be of any comfort to any guy who's found his way to this site in the first place.
Exactly. All these sort of threads do is compound the things that we 'nice guys' already assume, i.e. women dont want guys who lack confidence and end up making us feel worse.

And telling someone who doesnt have any confidence to 'go get some confidence' is like telling someone with a brain injury to 'stop being a retard'.

So to the OP, thanks again for this thread. *sarcasm*

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Well, there's a problem. You're not actually nice. (not you personally, but in general)

Most nice guys are guys with no confidence who let people walk all over them. They show respect to overcompensate and to try to somehow make people like them. If there were confidence, would you really be nice? (rhetorical)

Same is true for all of "us."
exactly. i think part of why i tend to be so nice and polite and respectful is because i don't know how else to act. my reluctance to bother anyone else is linked to low self esteem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't think this thread is bad, I think OP had very good intentions and am glad she made the thread letting other people know that they are appreciated!

This isn't rubbing salt in the wounds, it's giving support to those who need it.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I don't think this thread is bad, I think OP had very good intentions and am glad she made the thread letting other people know that they are appreciated!

This isn't rubbing salt in the wounds, it's giving support to those who need it.
Actually i thought the original post was good, until she felt the need to pop the 'c' word in at the end.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah, I can see why you think that. But I like to see myself as striving to get out of my low self-esteem, low confidence self. I know there's a good person who could potentially find a great person to be with in there somewhere (and who could, and used to, have a lot of great friends), and I think that's true for just about everyone else who shares these problems.

I believe OP does as well, and just wanted to show people that they're good, appreciated people who can overcome SA/can find others who are more understanding of these issues.

1 - 20 of 399 Posts