Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like an extrovert male who lives in a state I would like to move to. He enjoys socializing at bars, but I feel so uncomfortable in that environment. If I meet him while I am in town, I would feel less anxious if we spent time alone without anyone else in the background. He already invited me for coffee, but I would prefer more of a private setting. Don't freak when I say this, but I have considered inviting him to my hotel room because I would feel at home there. It would be a room with a suite (couch, etc) or look more like an apartment than a hotel room. Can you think of any other places where we could be alone? I just do not want to appear too nervous around him. By the way, he is a safe person to meet so there is no fear of rape.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just want to feel very comfortable during our first meeting. And I know a private, home-like environment would help. I can't say let's meet at his place since he might be protective about inviting people over until he knows them better. A hotel is no one's personal residence so no fear of inviting new people there. I might like a little action in private, but I would prefer to wait instead of bang early on. If you can think of a place more comfortable than a coffee shop, please let me know. Again, I just want to feel comfortable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts