Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
because of social anxiety i literally have no friends.. and didnt have nobody to add or follow on facebook and instagram so i decided this is the site to be on for social anxiety. I hope i can find people who live near me that has social anxiety too on here.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I don't have social media either.

I have to restrain myself on this site though. As I don't have a therapist currently, I get the urge to use this site as my own personal therapist and its not healthy; I just spew my problems out on the keyboard and nothing ever comes of it.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
I no longer use social media either, but probably for other reasons. It's just toxic and unnatural. You don't need to be visible to people who are really just judging you negatively and are ultimately just two-faced snides. They don't care if you live or die so why bother? You also don't need to publish your life in order for it to gain more meaning. Ask yourself why you need to be validated in the first place by all these people..

The main issue is that social media doesn't go with the flow of life. I realise now that if I didn't have Facebook after 2006-7 then there would have literally been no one I would have seen or spoken to from that time period, and you know what, that's totally okay. You don't talk to them any more for good reason, and it's because they never actually mattered in the first place. Remember that.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I no longer use social media either, but probably for other reasons. It's just toxic and unnatural. You don't need to be visible to people who are really just judging you negatively and are ultimately just two-faced snides. They don't care if you live or die so why bother? You also don't need to publish your life in order for it to gain more meaning. Ask yourself why you need to be validated in the first place by all these people..

The main issue is that social media doesn't go with the flow of life. I realise now that if I didn't have Facebook after 2006-7 then there would have literally been no one I would have seen or spoken to from that time period, and you know what, that's totally okay. You don't talk to them any more for good reason, and it's because they never actually mattered in the first place. Remember that.
thanks a lot for the advice.

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
I don't use Instagram, Twitter or Facebook, I only have accounts for the first two to enter contests, and as for Facebook I only use it for Facebook groups for support for illnesses that I have, I don't use it as social media or to talk to anyone. The only friends I have are either from SAS or another social anxiety forum from over a decade ago, who I just keep in contact with over Skype or Whatsapp. I think I am content with that. Would be nice to know more ppl who live near me, only one of my friends do. While meeting people on the internet seems to be easier than meeting someone in person as someone with Social Anxiety, chances are the people you meet online live nowhere near you. That's just the way it is, unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I enjoy posting pictures and videos of cool things I see in nature on Instagram. Sometimes I post videos of me playing music or a selfie. I used to turn to social media for validation, but now I'm thinking of it more like a fun diversion. It's nice to share things with the world digitally sometimes, since it's harder to do that in person these days.

·
Socializing with myself
4,962 Posts
Social media people crave for attention. The people are bored of not getting enough attention in their household, because they can't find anyone to complement them or emotionally respond to them.

Social Anxiety Support Forum is for people who want to share their experiences, so others can learn from them to become a better person with a healthier mind. The support forum is supposed to cleanse the unhealthy mind from real life bad experiences, and give off the right amount of attention and patience that people couldn't give to you in your environment. That's why I created an account for.

Social media doesn't support cleansing the mind, it's associated with judgmental lonely people who feeds off of one another boredom with their reality. This causes the social media people to boost their sanity, so they can become more aggressive and less concentrated with their real life experiences.

·
Banned
44 Posts
Individual forums like here are the best option.

About the mainstream social media, I get to think .

FakeBook or Instantcrap? pick your poison!

·
Banned
44 Posts
I keep Facebook for business, Messenger for family and closed ones. Then, the places I go to connect are independent forums like here. There are a few online forums related to hobbies, so it can be fun to discover more "obscure" (not well known) platforms.

IMO, places like Facebook are places where we are constantly confronted by people seeking attention, ads and rude encounters (on pages and/or groups). It has it's upsides, but to me it's very toxic. Very shallow. Places like here, it makes me relax and feel good.

·
Registered
544 Posts
because of social anxiety i literally have no friends.. and didnt have nobody to add or follow on facebook and instagram so i decided this is the site to be on for social anxiety. I hope i can find people who live near me that has social anxiety too on here.
have you search in your area if support groups exist?? at hospitals , clinics,,or even online like meetup?
i am not a big fan of social media either, i don't use it, the only good thing about it that sometimes they might have a facebook group for those with social anxiety and you might meet others who can give you advice, support, etc..

·
SAS Member
1,255 Posts
I quit social media a long time ago. I took pictures because I wanted to remember things in my life. When it got to a point where i took pics to convey a certain look in my profile too many times is when I said to myself, this stuff is stupid. Social media like Facebook is basically one big "look at me and how cool my life is" and people dont even take pics anymore to create memories but to take carefully selected ones to convey whatever it is they are trying to convey to other people that really dont care about them whether its trying to look cool, rich, social, etc.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
7,505 Posts
If it were not for family, I would have never had joined facebook.. Likewise if it were not for family, I wouldn't be there now.. I still have my account, and use messenger.

I feel so dirty now.. my soul has been tainted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have many social media accounts but the only one I go on often and actually post on is Instagram and that I mainly use to see things I’m interested in and talk to a long distance friend of mine. I don’t post anything personal or any pics of me. The only thing I post about are books lol. Recently I’ve even been commenting and talking to people about things we both like (which I rarely do bc anxiety) and I’m proud of myself!

But sometimes I do find myself looking at the explore page which is mainly full of unimportant, pointless bs and the comment sections of those posts and sometimes it makes me sad, mad, angry, etc. so I just need to stay away from that side of it and I’m good. I think if you stay away from people trying to cause trouble or self absorbed a-holes and use it to find people with the same interests as you then it can be a good thing.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have former students and coworkers in all of my social media apps, so I'm very mindful of what I post. I try not to talk about anything sexual or political. I don't consider forums to be social media and I don't really censor myself in them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts