Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was a teenager I used to help babysit my uncle's child. They would bring him over to our house or my grandmother's house and wait until he fell asleep and then leave to go to a bar. When he woke up he would always cry because he didn't know where they were. They would never tell him they were going to do that. One night he started crying and thrashing around but he wasn't awake. I tried to comfort him but I couldn't get him to stop crying so I prayed to God to help me. An answer came to me immediately. I told the child 'Jesus is here and he loves you very much, and everything will be all right'. He stopped crying immediately and went back to sleep.

About two years ago I quit a job and thought I could find a new one right away. I went to the employment office every day and submitted a lot of applications. Nobody would even talk to me. Five months later I still hadn't found a job and I was getting desperate. I had maxed out my credit cards and I was eating nothing but rice every day. One day, as I was going to the post office, I thought 'I wish I could just find a little money on the ground. I looked around the post office but there was nothing. When I got home something inside me said to walk around the yard. When I went to the back yard I found a five dollar bill in the grass. I picked it up and cried. I went to the store and bought a pack of chicken legs and ate one with my rice every day. After a while I was about out of chicken and about to give up on getting a job when I saw a listing at the employment office for kitchen help at a local substance abuse treatment facility. I almost didn't apply, but I thought I had nothing to lose. I applied and was hired! And our meals are free. I defy anyone to tell me there is no God!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's awesome, I'm glad you found a new job. It sounds like a pretty good one too. I bet it's rewarding to help people in need some way. How do you like it so far?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love it there. All the staff are very nice, and most of the patients are great people. I've seen a lot of them come in broken and hurting and leave laughing and happy and hugging everyone. The transformation is unbelievable. Treatment centers and twelve step programs stress the importance of spirituality and trust. I know God led me there, and I'm not going to leave anytime soon!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm glad you found a job, and one that you really enjoyis even better. That is so wonderful. I pray that god will keep making things better for you. I think its great that you could keep the faith that god would make things better (I wish that I was so strong in faith). And you get to help others improve there lifes. Thats great.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Wow, that's inspiring.. :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I love stories that show how God works in people's lives! His timing is always perfect and He provides in ways that we would never think of. I'm very glad He showed you how real He is and how much He cares and loves you!

:yes

·
Registered
994 Posts
I used to take slack from my Mom for not worrying about "Little things" knowing God would provide, or provide a way for me to provide....
Ernest..His story....Listen to that inner voice!

I also believe if you give, you're blessed ten fold......I once helped out a friend, at my own expense (no applause please), it put me in a negative situation, BUT........It worked out, I was blessed ten fold back.........
When you do, and expect nothing back......There's a Yiddish word for this, and I can't think of it........

Sometimes the answers are before us, we just have to open our eyes and see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.