Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
I kissed my friend tonight who has a boyfriend while we were quite drunk and she feels guilty. We both kind of went for it and it's not just my fault for sure, but she cried and I don't know what to do. I know I am partly in the wrong and so is she but what do I do?????? I feel terrible and I need advice how to fix it :|
I guess just apologise to her, let her know you understand why she is upset and that it will not happen again and offer to talk about it as well.

Edit: Just saw your second post. Sorry to hear that, just be there to support her is all you can really do, might take some time for her to get to grips with her feelings though and hopefully things will work out for you.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
i dont think theres much more you can do at this point besides apologize to her for what happened. hopefully you guys are true friends, im sure she will understand and accept your words. you cant undo whats already happened and sometimes in life you will find yourself in a place where things cant be fixed or cant go back to exactly the way things were. the only advice i can give you is to keep being her friend and hope for the best. if she needs space then give it to her. but if she needs you to be there for her as well, be ready and willing.

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
You tell her, "Hey look, we were both drinking, we were both having a good time, and we both made a mistake. I'm sorry it happened, but hopefully we'll look back on this and laugh one day. Your boyfriend will get over it within the next couple of days."

Then wait. Give her space.

·
Your Assumptions
7,027 Posts
Like you said, it's not just your fault. You can't be responsible for all her freaking out. Agree with her it's not worth thinking about again. Draw a line under it and don't discuss it or it'll make it bigger than it is. When I got kissed by an ex's (we'd already broken up) best friend and reciprocated, we just agreed to never tell or talk about it and it worked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts