Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marijuana really isn't that bad and what am I doing anyway. All I ever do is sit around alone on the computer. I may as well be stoned. But unfortunately I live with my parents. I swear soon as I move out I'm gonna be blazed every day.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Marijuana doesn't seem to do anything for me.
I wanna get high :(

·
Banned
206 Posts
cut out the crap,

do you know that marijuana can actually worsen your anxiety?

and I mean apart from that what are you doing with your life?
spending your time smoking weed?

that's not a wise way to spend the time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
cut out the crap,

do you know that marijuana can actually worsen your anxiety?
As a regular (everyday) pot smoker, I actually agree with this. The last couple years my anxiety about social and everyday situations has worsened to the point where it's really hard for me to have any motivation or ambition. To just leave the house & do something to better myself, even if it's just like a walk for fresh air and clarity. There's been a couple times in the last couple years where I've taken a short (couple month) hiatus from smoking. Looking back on it, I became slightly more motivated to do things & see people. I still have my issues smoking or not. I only continue to smoke up because my boyfriend is a religious smoker, & I do enjoy it for falling asleep & snack time. Haha.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yep I used to love smoking and still do. But I cut back big time. I used to smoke every single day. Even when I was doing security I smoke while on the job lmaooooo. But I guess because I was doing it for awhile its like my body NEEDED THC. After awhile I started hallucinating and started thinking negative. I looked at my life as a negative and everyone around me. I love the sound of the dutch burning and exhaling those fumes but if its going to mentally change me for the worst im going to stop it. Or at least cut back on it.

·
Custom User Title
4,231 Posts
Don't burn yourself out. Grow your own and smoke in moderation, keep your tolerance high, do something good with your life and the weed will taste so much sweeter.

·
avast ye landlubbers
2,055 Posts
I agree with JimmyDeansRetardedCousin.

Marijuana can be fantastic for even problems like anxiety.

It can be fantastic for taking a break and relaxing now and then.

Also for getting high every day and burning out, never getting anything done, sinking deeper into alienation and apathy, and spending time in a state of hazy escapism while various problems go neglected and worsen.

Which is it gonna be? Your choice!

·
Registered
438 Posts
I used to smoke all day with my friends for maybe 2 years, then i cut back a little bit, only smoked like 3 or 4 evenings in the week. Then i moved, smoked very little, as my anxiety got much worse then i never smoked again since then, soon to be one year. Because i'm afraid that if ill smoke, i will be having panic attacks again.. i want to smoke sometimes but i rather just take a few beers and some ciggarettes because i know i wont get panic attacks from it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had a script for Medical Marijuana in Cali FOR social anxiety. It helps me immensely, but it's different for everyone. Don't be afraid to try it, but also don't put all your hope in it working well for you either. It seems 50/50 positive and negative regarding SA.

I do miss my trips to the Pot Chemist.....lol

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think I don't want it to make me less anxious really. More for depression. I'm just tired of having to 'fight' social anxiety all the time. Everyone says therapy is the only way, but it's so draining having to constantly ward off this stupid problem.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.