Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The source of my abnormal Psychological behaviour come from my grandmother who is a really bad Schizophrenic (or should i say was,she doesn't see visions anymore cause of her meds) ,and also had depression. It was all brought on to her all of a sudden by stress when my pop was gone all the time and they moved and she had to look after all these kids by herself,and bad things happened to her too. This happened from when she was in her 30's i think.She was completely normal up until then. Now, she's really hyperactive she shrieks when she talks(and she's not deaf) is always worried about someting, if your at her house and waiting for a bus she'll be having a panic attack until your gone saying"YOU GOTTA GO NOW!!! IT'S ALMOST HERE!!"
She also had shock therapy back in the day for her depression.
My mom also said she was outside naked before thinking someone was going to kill her,and she then knocked on the neighbours door in a nervous wreck. So this would explain the severity of her condition.
I read that in Schizophrenia there are so many genes involved that the parent can pass down a phychological disorder to their child like low self esteem, and thats exactly what my mother has. She has social anxiety, and she gave the same thing to me.We are soo much alike in our behaviour.
Does anyone know the statistics on how common it is for a sad parent to pass it down to a child,and how common it is for a schizo parent to pass down a phychological disorder like sad?
Me and mom are so paranoid of people. It's so painful constantly at my work i dont know how long I can last. My mom does not have a job, she has been isolated for a very long time and is in a very bad relationship that she cannot get out of.

·
Registered
75 Posts
oh my goodness......so your saying that our SAD can turn into schizophrenai??????? :afr :afr :hide ....im a normal healthy young female in my 20's...now im afraid of growing older..... :afr

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont think its very likely for me to get it because my mom has SA but no schizophrenia and she's 42 now.
Does your mom have schizophrenia down123?I think that the best chance you could inherit it, and even if so it doesn't necessarily going to mean your going to get it.
Because my nan was severely phychologically messed it gave it a really good chance that her child would get some form of a phycological disorder,and the form was SA :mum .
My aunt is so lucky shes perfectly normal,she got my grandfathers genes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts