Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/06/27/world/main1754277.shtml

As an American, I drink this swill from time to time, but please don't try to drink this and think "this is what Americans drink" and think you're getting a feel of what we drink. Well, maybe you are, but we don't know that much. A 6-pack of Paulaner Salvator Double Bock costs $6.99 here. It's a good Belgian beer at 7.9% alcohol. It gets you pretty drunk, and it especially gets the average swill drinker quite loose. People pay $5+ US dollar for a 6-pack of Bud. It isn't a good beer but it's drinkable. I just had some because it's $2.59 plus tax for two 24oz cans at a local store. It's not a good beer, though, and I drink lots of cheap beer. The quality isn't any better than Pabst Blue Ribbon or Miller High Life, or at least I drink enough chefp beer to not notice much of a difference. It's amazing that you can get quality Belgian and German beers here for not much more than Budweiser, and they often get you more drunk. Americans drink Blue Moon like it's a fancy beer. It's made by Coors, and it's not the best wheat beer on earth, but it's good. So, we are kind of starting to get a picture of what a good beer is. There is cheap, chuggable swill that contains alcohol and then there is beer that can be savored. I am a drunk but I try not to continuously drink cheap stuff. People still associate beer as a lower class beverage. A local club only serves a handful of beers and the rest is $10+ mixed drinks. A good beer has higher alcohol content and is on par with stupid mixed drinks. Unfortunately, they serve just a few quality beers at $5-6 each, which is insane. I need to open my own bar.

·
Banned
384 Posts
Blue Moon is actually a macro beer brewed by Molson that is called Rickard's White in Canada, renamed Blue Moon for the American market and sold as if it were something fancy. If you enjoy cheap beer with a higher alcohol content, buy a can of something called "Boris Bold", you shouldn't be able to finish it. I bought it because the can caught my eye. If you enjoy a can of "Boris Bold", you would probably also enjoy Listerine.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/3218/24197/?sort=low&start=0

·
Registered
176 Posts
Regular Bud is not all that good to me. I like to have a Canadian bier in one hand and a Canadian woman in the other.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No Boris here. We have this strange stuff called CAMO XXX or something like that. It looks like it's a joke but it's actually a beer. I haven't had it in years. It's the kind of thing I buy when I really, really don't care about taste and want to get drunk. It's proof that I am not much of a liquor drinker.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
I don't even know if I have ever had a Budweiser beer. I have never had Coors, Schlitz, Pabst....Hudepohl (a German Cincinnati beer - face it, Cincinnati has a STRONG German background) no longer exists.

I have only had one Miller Lite and Corona....that's it, I think. :con

·
subtastic
7,692 Posts
I went to a baseball game recently where they were selling 16 oz cans of Bud Light for ten dollars. I did not indulge.

·
Après moi, le déluge
5,682 Posts
A group of us were walking to a bar here in Mainz one night. The sign outside the door was advertising Budweiser. I looked at the other American in the group and said, "What is this ****?? I don't want to drink that here! I don't want to drink that in America! Is this what we're exporting now? Why do we always have to export the ****? Who's going to drink that when the beer here is so much better??"

Anyway, she agreed with my mild hissy fit. :)

Have a nice day,
Kelly :)

·
Banned
837 Posts
I rarely drink Budweiser, and mostly if I end up at a party and that's the only thing they have. I don't really care for American beers much, with the exception of Samuel Adams and Michelob.

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
I drink Miller High Life whenever I have to drink beer. It tastes soapy. Champagne of beers my ***.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts