Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just two weeks ago I posted a thread complaining that I have not had any adventures in life. And then BAM ! this opportunity shows up.
A small group of us from work decide to go on a hike to the village of a woman who is going on leave.

Here is the set up:
1. woman- who goes on leave on monday, lives in the country side - she hates my guts !
2. driver/ senior lab tech -owns a bus and drove us to the area
3. me and the other young lab techs

We drove up to the woman's village, and took a hike to a local beach.
The hike began simple enough, descending down a light incline and then got to a point like this :

.. which continued for 300 ft.

I accomplished so much with this hike :

- i had a good workout
-i finally made friends with the woman ( for a long time, i felt like i just couldn't talk to her, like she hated me )

- Even if this was my first ever hike, it wasa very difficult one, and I did it much quicker than the rest of the group which leads to point 4

-I was able to somewhat cast off the image of scrawny, nerdy guy that everyone seemed to have of me. I was the first to reach down even if i was the most scrawny man in the whole group!

I mean heck, its an 80 degree decent, and me being a city kid and certainly not playing Rambo, I still found it ..quite easy and exhilarating.

And it was all worth it. The beach at the bottom is amazing. It looks something like this :

And all this time I thought I had paralyzing vertigo :teeth

·
Powering through.
1,799 Posts
It can be extremely exhilarating to hike. Your story reminds me fondly of when I hiked to the top of upper Yosemite falls. 3.3 miles with an average grade 15%. Its hard to be down on yourself when you've conquered a cliff.

There's also just this good-will thing going on between hikers, they almost always grin and chat when passing by.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I've always wanted to go hiking. Sounds fun. Good job dude!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts