Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have trouble smiling? Sometime I try to smile at attractive girls, but I just can't do it, it feels so forced and unnatural. Plus my teeth aren't perfect and super white so that means I can't smile with my mouth open. My teeth aren't horrible, just not perfect. Sometimes girls smile at me, but I have trouble holding a smile for more than a few seconds even with practice.

929 Posts
Setting yourself unrealistically high standards with the teeth thing.
Outside of a Hollywood, in a place called the real world, MOST people have teeth that are far from perfect.
This includes the attractive girls you want to smile at.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Setting yourself unrealistically high standards with the teeth thing.
Outside of a Hollywood, in a place called the real world, MOST people have teeth that are far from perfect.
This includes the attractive girls you want to smile at.
Yeah, but from a distance, their teeth look really white. I've never smoked, but they still are a little yellow.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
884 Posts
Crest white strips. Really works haha

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have to keep buying them every 14 or so days or do they have a long lasting effect?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Try smiling at yourself on front of a mirror and keep practicing so you can build the habit. Eventually it will come naturally.

·
(/・・)ノ 
1,840 Posts
Not giving a crap works best when it comes to the teeth thing.

On smiling, just smile when the urge hits you. If you suppress it, you'll make a weird face. If you force it, you'll make a weird face. So many of us overcalculate our body language... just go with your impulses, be natural.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Do you have to keep buying them every 14 or so days or do they have a long lasting effect?
They have a long lasting effect. It's suppose to take off years of stained teeth. Some products only take 1-2 weeks to complete depending which treatment you get.

·
who cares..
863 Posts
90% of my smiles are fake, I smile at the people I know so I don't make them feel uncomfortable, I for one, don't suggest smiling in a mirror, judging by pictures taken of me in my past, my "practiced smile" and my picture smiles look nothing alike.

I sometimes try thinking of funny stuff when smiling at girls, sometimes their smiles itself can make me hold my smile.

·
Overlord of OGLE-TR-122b
773 Posts
Same issue with me, my teeth are clean but I still feel self conscious. I try to think of a really happy thought when I want to smile naturally, if I'm lucky it only takes 3 seconds...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts