Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a good basketball player my defense is okay but everytime I try to make a jumpshot, they never fall in. I usually get really mad and I always end up quitting the game. Specially today I was playing a game of 21 and the only thing I was making was free throws...those are easy but I want to expand myself and make shots all over the court. What the hell am I doing wrong?...What do they mean by following through your shot? :nw

·
Registered
4 Posts
following through your shot means to use your arms and youe legs to get the ball to the hoop. Using mostly your arms muscles and your wrists to guide the ball to the hoop. If you have range and can shoot freethrows well, just try to find a method to shoot long range shots similar to your freethrows. If you can master that then you will be unstoppable on the court

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's true people around my neighborhood always want to play 21 or 50 (It's the same thing). I LOVE playing team games cause they make me feel happy and they add fun to playing baskteball. Besides I haven't won a game of 21 since last year.

·
Registered
38 Posts
when someone is telling you to follow through, i suspect you shoot the ball and jerk your arms back or start running as soon as your release, which will affect your shot. try holding the release for a second after you let go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts