Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had Post Traumatic Stress Disorder for 2.5 years now, was supposed to see a psychologist for a few years, but I ended up moving out of province and never went.

I feel like over time my symptoms are getting much better... I still have bad memories etc, but my "episodes" are becoming less and less frequent.

Whenever I have an episode it consists of: Hallucinations, flashbacks, extreme anger and sadness. :afr

I'm just looking for other people to talk to who have PTSD as well.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have it periodically; comes and goes. Sometimes I wake in the middle of the night with hypnopompic hallucinations of ... Actually, I hesitate to give details. The level of stress in my life is definitely a factor. If things go better, then it subsides at least temporarily.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I too have PTSD, but it has slowly lessened over the past year or so. When I do have an episode, it consists of derealization, flashbacks, panic attacks, and sometimes anger.

·
Fun...Fluid...Formidable
7,159 Posts
I believe I had PTSD like symptoms after a very abusive long term job situation. The best thing I found was to forgive whomever, whatever and "why" ever and constantly, gently guide yourself back to the present moment. The past nor the future exists in the present moment. So to judge the present moment with the past or future is hurtful. The present moment is where you're safe, happy and preparing for the next successful moment.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have complex PTSD.
Have been doing EMDR sessions for almost a year, it might be helping ? I'm not all that sure.
My psychiatrist thinks so. We've been concentrating on making my day to day life better, and yes, I suppose I am better off than before I started seeing her, if only slightly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts