Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Day Sleeper
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have had SA for a very long time and its ruined my life up to now. Due to SA, I haven't been able to get a gf, don't get invited to any parties/any event, only have a few close friends who i see once or twice a week, stay in about 3/4 of the week and weekends. When i go out and see ppl enjoying their lives or see/hear of friends enjoying their lives i die a little inside. I've tried so hard to make friends, get my life back on track and to ultimately be normal but it seems as though noone wants anything to do with me. I feel invisible and i want to die.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Well at least you get to see people once or twice a week. Before I met the guy I'm dating, I would see people like once or twice a month at most. It was so horrible. If you have good friends you can confide in, you could tell them about your SA. I did that and I think it helped a lot. When you do that you are proving to yourself that you don't care what they think about your SA.

·
Registered
113 Posts
When i go out and see ppl enjoying their lives or see/hear of friends enjoying their lives i die a little inside.
I'm with you there..although like aloss4words said..you're lucky you have a few close friends and go out a couple of times a week.....

I had 4 online 'friends' but nowadays that seems to have whittled down to 2..because the others don't come on the computer much these days..

So i know it all sucks - but you at least have a couple of 'real life' friends....

:um

·
Registered
619 Posts
Same here. I don't really see anyone other than my parents outside of school. I definitely know what you mean about people not wanting anything to do with you. I actually make friends fairly easily, people seem to have an affinity for me... until they get to know me. It's one thing to make a bad first impression, it's another altogether to have people hate you once they get to know you, that really sucks.

·
Day Sleeper
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow im glad im not the only one. isolation is an absolutely horrible feeling especially when you try to be social. i just hate the fact that i might be alone all my life :( but im glad i got ppl to talk to on here. thanx for the replies ppl, i feel a bit better

·
Banned
728 Posts
wow im glad im not the only one. isolation is an absolutely horrible feeling especially when you try to be social. i just hate the fact that i might be alone all my life :( but im glad i got ppl to talk to on here. thanx for the replies ppl, i feel a bit better
Yeah, i have the same problems.

It feels like people hate me alot.

And being so alone makes it feel that no one gives a damn, apart from family.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I haven't been to a birthday party for as long as I can remember (except 2 I can remember,again a very long time ago)

I also wanted to post a thread about this, but ever hate it when for example your teacher is talking about something which involves you having to write a bit about yourself (i.e. personal statement for uni) and they say that if you have nothing to write, you are pretty lonely and boring etc. we all laughed, but deep down inside I knew that that was me and that I haven't done anything like what others have done that I ought to have done so far in my 17 years.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i know how you feel. i have no life either. i work all day, finish at 11pm or midnight and i walk home past bars with people my age all socializing outside, it allways makes me feel crappy.

AND, i just moved to a new city, i dont know anyone, and these bars i walk past and the people i see.... are all speaking french and i wouldn't be able to hold a decent conversation anyways.

i fraternize with my coworkers and i am well-liked at work. that helps. it really bothers me though that i feel like i am missing out on life at a time when i should be enjoying myself (age 24).

i was just thinking of a list of life issues that i could be dealing with but i`m not (use your imagination, i dont want to offend anyone so i wont post them) and i feel thankful for my stable, quiet, lonely life. haha, its all relative i guesse, got to remember to look on the brightside!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts