Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I felt something terrible last night, like I wasn't a sentient human at all. I think my personality and self-identity are screwed. Perhaps I can't stand other people for long because they interfere with my own identity. I have no boundaries between internal and external. "My" brain is just a receiver/processor for "reality" with the illusion of self-determination. What is the point in this existence if that's all it is? Just that of a zombie or robot with memory.

·
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Maybe the aliens did do something to my brain, idk. I'm starting to think it's not just my imagination after all.

·
Stuck in a lift
278 Posts
Maybe the aliens did do something to my brain, idk.
Explain ... ? I can relate to an extent tbh I lack self-identity aswell but I'm sort of used to it.

I don't like it when people ask me things like "what are you into?" or "what have you been up to?" because my answers make me feel so boring ...

·
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Explain ... ? I can relate to an extent tbh I lack self-identity aswell but I'm sort of used to it.

I don't like it when people ask me things like "what are you into?" or "what have you been up to?" because my answers make me feel so boring ...
Well, I have a persistent idea that aliens are watching, stalking, and telepathically communicating with me and I with them, but that is counter-balanced by doubt. There is the possibility that they have indeed done something to my brain, but my "common sense" says it's ridiculous.

I have a tenuous grasp on my identity at best. I have to construct a thick shell just to protect what I think belongs to my mind from that of others.

·
Stuck in a lift
278 Posts
Hmm interesting do you think it's possible you were abducted or something?

·
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm interesting do you think it's possible you were abducted or something?
I don't have any such memories, but I think I might have had my mind probed on at least one occassion. I was dreaming and then one of the characters in my dream, I could tell he was an alien from looking into his eyes. Couldn't get a wink after that. And that's aside from my worries that they can already read my mind.

·
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was hoping for responses from at least one or two people. Doesn't matter if you have negative things to say, I just need input on this. :( Anyone? *cautious bump*

·
Foot through door
11 Posts
Well, I have a persistent idea that aliens are watching, stalking, and telepathically communicating with me and I with them, but that is counter-balanced by doubt. There is the possibility that they have indeed done something to my brain, but my "common sense" says it's ridiculous.
Think a little bit about why you are thinking these things. Were you recently reading any material on schizophrenia, or other delusional disorders? Are you being a hypochondriac? How long have you had these thoughts? Do they come and go in cycles? etc.

If these symptoms are more than psychosomatic then you need to seek professional help.

I don't have any such memories, but I think I might have had my mind probed on at least one occassion. I was dreaming and then one of the characters in my dream, I could tell he was an alien from looking into his eyes.
Yeah, you were dreaming.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
If you weren't human, you most likely wouldn't be having these thoughts.

·
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Think a little bit about why you are thinking these things. Were you recently reading any material on schizophrenia, or other delusional disorders? Are you being a hypochondriac? How long have you had these thoughts? Do they come and go in cycles? etc.

If these symptoms are more than psychosomatic then you need to seek professional help.

Yeah, you were dreaming.
I obsessively wonder if I'm going crazy, as if my vigilance will protect me from the worst of it. Though the thoughts about aliens I described have been around for a long time, since before I knew about any sort of psychoses. They seem to be relatively benign and so far I've acted "normal". :yes

trendyfool said:
If you weren't human, you most likely wouldn't be having these thoughts.
I have a human body, something of a human brain, but it seems as if having a personality and an identity of sort is a requirement for being truly human.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts