Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't even know how to get to it so I'm stressed about that. I'm gonna ask my sister to come if she's not working. I'm stressing out so much. On a plus I called them up this morning to confirm it and that went fine I hate making appointments on the phone. While I was on the roll I called my doctor to make an appointment for a review but I was really nervous and said the day wrong so she laughed at me lol. ah well. I only got the letter from the clinic this morning, I guess that saves a lot of anticipation. I'm just freaking out though. I feel too anxious to talk about it I hate talking about it. And a friends just text me asking what I'm doing tomorrow and I said I've got an appointment and she asked where and I don't know if I should tell her. I also feel really guilty getting help because sometimes I'm ok I feel like I shouldn't let myself be ok. If I'm ok why get help. Just really stressed, dunno what to do!!

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
Aw, you'll be alright. :) They're professionals. They probably expect you to be anxious since it's your first time there. They'll be understanding of that. I wish you the best of luck though!!

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
thats great! it seems like you could really benefit from help a lot. i hope it goes well. the first appointments are always very nerve-wrecking and i'm sure the doctors understand that. you could even mention that you are a bit nervous.

good luck! :)

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I'm just SO nervous. My anxiety's got so bad lately after I talked to them my hands were shaking and my heart was racing and I'm getting it again now. I'm mostly nervous about getting there and where I go when I get in. The building's just a house. I feel so guilty I feel like cancelling but I won't.

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
Aw that's how I felt when I went to this stomach doctor senior year. I had to go by myself, riding on a bus route I'd never been on before, going to an area I'd never been in before, seeing a doctor I'd never met before. But it all passed. It'll pass for you, too. :) And you'll be really proud of yourself afterwards! :yay

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just feel really guilty for getting help, I don't really need it. Sometimes I do. Some family and a couple friends are worried. Sometimes I'm ok. sometimes I'm not. Really it's not that bad. So I feel bad... I need to sleep, I don't normally sleep at night but gotta get up kinda early and I'm stressed as hell. I don't think I'll be proud lol... I think I'll feel... guilty. But thanks again for the support.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
It'll help you a lot! You need to eat, you don't want your stomach to eat you from the inside now ;)

Besides, if you get anything out of it, it'll learn how to cope and you'd eat to be healthier. I'm proud of you for going through with it :)

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was really uncomfortable it felt like an interview, she kept asking what my goals are for going on group therapy and I was thinking, I don't know I don't particularly want to go. So I kept not knowing what to say and repeating the same thing. Then she asked what my anxieties are about and I just dunno how to put it into words. I didn't feel that nervous this morning just before I went in I'm glad I brought my sister on the way there because when I start to stress she'll just say straight "don't ****in start that.". But I'm going back on monday and that's for group so I'm dreading that. Because I don't have it that bad I feel guilty and it just feels SO self indulgent. And I feel like I should sort of keep it up because otherwise it's like I'm lying if I'm doing ok I feel like a fraud and I don't know if I made it sound worse than it is to them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts