Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just less than a month ago by chance an old friend from elementary school stop by my house to visit, and so far i have had two get together with him such as riding bikes places and were gonna meet up again tomorrow. My anxiety on the last trip on bike with him was greatly reduced and i felt like a normal person again(usually when i ride my bike in high traffic areas with a lot of cars i tend to get anxiety). This is the first time i had a friend since joining this site and first time in 3-4years. my anxiety was also less when i was at the store with him.

I think by doing more social activities with him such as go to the mall etc.. over time like months my anxiety will be reduced to non crippling, and he is an ideal friend since he does not work hes on disability for mental problems(hes pretty normal as long as he takes his meds) so he can get together pretty much anytime.

·
Fitting In Here & There
808 Posts
Sounds good! It's really good that you are able to pay attention & notice the positive way you feel at the store or out in public so you can learn to feel more comfortable over time. Sometimes people dismiss it or ignore it so they don't actually learn from the new experience. So good for you! :clap

1 - 5 of 5 Posts