Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who else has this problem? I'm taking a bet on at least half of us if not more...

It's 4:09am here. (I'm listening to Cher but that's not really relevant)
I've tried so many things to try and correct my sleeping pattern, but to no avail.

What works for you?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Lots of meds. All that sleep hygiene crap only works if you have mild insomnia. I spent 8 years sleeping only 1 to 2 hours a night while each doctor gave me a different set of rules that sometimes were complete torture. I actually vomited several days in a row from trying to get up at 6 am like I was told to. I'd make it from my bed to the bathroom floor and that's where I stayed for several hours because I was too tired to move. Then they insist you won't die from insomnia so it's not that important to treat it. Neurologists ignore it, general practitioners have no desire to solve it, and that leaves psychiatrists who give me lots of meds. I'm taking seroquel, amitriptyline, double the standard dose of lunesta, and neurontin every night. I rotate the amitriptyline with mirtazapine. Periodically I throw in ambien cr, lorazepam, some thorazine.. I don't remember what else is in my mini pharmacy. Then I take melatonin at about 3 times the otc recommended dose and valerian root.

All that and I got about 4 hrs of sleep the past 2 nights. Now I have to go take finals.

·
Registered
329 Posts
It's a living nightmare.

This seems to be my sleep pattern that iv had for about a week now: Fall asleep at 4:30pm for about 2 hours when I get home from college. Then I'm up all night and all day until 4:30pm the next day and so on.

When it was at it's worst, I was up for 2-3 days straight at a time, then I would just crash out every week and sleep for like 20 hours

·
Banned
12,909 Posts

This is your best friend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts