Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Leben ist verrückt!!!!
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This acquaintance at school always seems to ask me what I did. But she only wants to know so that she can throw in my face how awesome her weekend was. Its so depressing and annoying when people want to know about your social life when clearly they know I don't have one. Especially, when they know this and don't even bother to ask me to hang out with them on friday nights. I never go out on weekends, I end up staying at home listening to music or reading. People never invite me out, even if I ask them. They just dont want me around unless they need something. Does something like this happen to you'll??

·
Registered
433 Posts
Very much so, although usually the person who's asking doesn't really talk about their weekend. I hate it when people ask me that question though. I hate to lie, so I try to be obscure about it by saying "didn't do much" or "just relaxed".

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow, I feel like I could have written everything that you said. That sort of thing happens to me all the time and I dread having to listen to all the fun things that others do that I'm rarely (if ever) apart of.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Yeah, one guy does that to me as well. I never get asked to hang out either, but the few times I have, I've said no thanks.

·
subtastic
7,692 Posts
I just tell people that I cleaned like a mofo. I leave out the part where I watched Seinfeld for 7 hours.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I'm not bothered with this question, i just smile and say"ah just chilling" or "same old".

The only question I hate being asked is what im doing with my life "uhh im studying at uni, relaxing and drinking beer"then "oh what are you studying...oh nice nice *nod*".I got asked by someone about 2 weeks ago with everyone listening because they were all old school 'friends'.I rarely freak out anymore but its like the conversation doesn't have any meaning, i find it hard to drag it out into something else and whenever i see people from school i am always asked it!

I know most of them don't give a **** either, it feels forced and there is no connection thats probably why i don't like being asked it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hate getting asked that as well as "What did you get up to on the weekend".

Always reply with the same old " yeah not bad " or " Not much.. you? "

Then i'd have to listen to how great there weekend was, always made me feel like crap :(

·
Relaxo!
376 Posts
Usually replying truthfully (i.e. "uneventful"). I'm not really bothered by it unless I'm in a really bad mood. It's just a common conversation starter.

·
A cracked polystyrene man
191 Posts
I always lie and say I went out... and then quickly proceed to ask them about their weekend. :p
I almost always have to make something up. I try not to go into too much detail, though - can get caught out by doing that.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I think the main reason people ask this question is because they secretly want to tell you about what they did. So I just say my weekend was "alright" or something generic like that, and then quickly follow it up with "how was yours?" It diverts the attention away from me and puts it back on them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
One of my bosses at work (who's my age) always asks me this and I usually just tell him the truth and say I didn't do anything. What annoys me is that on the weekends that I do end up doing something he never asks.

·
Rock Solid
406 Posts
I think the main reason people ask this question is because they secretly want to tell you about what they did. So I just say my weekend was "alright" or something generic like that, and then quickly follow it up with "how was yours?" It diverts the attention away from me and puts it back on them.
Ditto.

·
Registered
530 Posts
This is true, but its a good thing, people want to talk about their stuff, if you pretend you care then you somewhat form a social link.

Chit chat is basic in socialilizing even tho it seems useless logically

·
Banned
2,265 Posts
Yeah I hate when people asking me how my day went.
I reply with : ehh work..you know.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Every week, make up a new amazing thing you did. This week, say with an absolutely straight face, "I saved three babies from a raging fire. What did you do?"

·
Registered
29 Posts
I hate that question too. It bothers me when I don't have anything and the person would give me this "oh that nice" reply. I feel so bad. >_>

1 - 20 of 24 Posts