Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO now I have to get a tetanus shot AND a second TB test on Thrusday. UGH! Maybe I am not cut-out to work in a hospital.... I had a TB test and blood drawn last week and that wasn't too bad...not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. But, I guess they require TWO TB tests for some reason and it's been 10 years since my last tetanus shot so I have to get one of those too!! I'm FREAKING out! I've been reading online about how bad tetanus shots hurt and I'm really worried! This sucks!

Have any of you had a tetanus shot recently and how bad was it??

·
Registered
10,579 Posts
I received them and it isn't a big deal. But my mother use to practice on me when I was 9 years old when she was going to nursing school. So I became accustomed to them. It only lasts a few seconds. They don't give the shot very deep. I don't remember them hurting. I wonder why they do two TB tests? I only have to get one per year.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hello Holly47, I didn't really have problems with needles until I had kidney stone pain and while getting an intravenous canula put in I nearly fainted, I was extremely dizzy and the nurse said to me lay on the floor and when I laid down I felt better. After this episode I feel dizzy when blood is taken, injections are ok. It must be in my head.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.