Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But I hate her so much that I cringe every time she comes on the radio. Hate her music. I don't understand how so many people like her songs.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
her songs have good production, though i'm not a fan of her voice or songs

she'll reference vladimir nabokov and nancy sinatra in the same breath and it's just kind of irksome because her schtick is kind of stale

along with her whole "no, seriously guys, i was totally POOR like the rest of you, even though my family is very wealthy and i went to ludicrously expensive boarding schools! my new face had a price point of 25k, and it takes $1500 per 8 mo to maintain this really sensual trout pout! i'm so effortlessly erotic, guys! let me make some quick references to the zapruder film or something else VINTAGE and CONTROVERSIAL"

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
But I hate her so much that I cringe every time she comes on the radio. Hate her music. I don't understand how so many people like her songs.
Well, you might be happy to know that I don't think I know who she is :lol.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I don't understand why would you waste your time on hating someone. Hate is a strong emotion. I e.g. don't like Beyonce, but I don't hate her. I honestly don't get why would you waste your time opening a thread about someone you hate and give them that kind of attention. Ok, you don't like her, but why hate? I guess this is your way of venting, but what have she done to you that bad that you hate her? Just focus on things you like and love, ignore what you don't.

And yeah, I like Lana.

·
Registered
10,480 Posts

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't understand why would you waste your time on hating someone. Hate is a strong emotion. I e.g. don't like Beyonce, but I don't hate her. I honestly don't get why would you waste your time opening a thread about someone you hate and give them that kind of attention. Ok, you don't like her, but why hate? I guess this is your way of venting, but what have she done to you that bad that you hate her? Just focus on things you like and love, ignore what you don't.

And yeah, I like Lana.
Let me rephrase myself. I hate her music. Not her. Most people say they hate Incubus or Third Eye Blind. I don't hate the person. I hate her songs. By the way, we do have the right to hate anything we want. I don't know why you're making it seem like I shouldn't.

·
uggla
10,065 Posts
her songs have good production, though i'm not a fan of her voice or songs

she'll reference vladimir nabokov and nancy sinatra in the same breath and it's just kind of irksome because her schtick is kind of stale

along with her whole "no, seriously guys, i was totally POOR like the rest of you, even though my family is very wealthy and i went to ludicrously expensive boarding schools! my new face had a price point of 25k, and it takes $1500 per 8 mo to maintain this really sensual trout pout! i'm so effortlessly erotic, guys! let me make some quick references to the zapruder film or something else VINTAGE and CONTROVERSIAL"
Hehe.

Really though, why bother hating a celebrity? It seems like a waste of time. Change the channel and have a sandwich.

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha and no, this is not my way of venting at all. It's called an opinion. Everyone has one.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Let me rephrase myself. I hate her music. Not her. Most people say they hate Incubus or Third Eye Blind. I don't hate the person. I hate her songs. By the way, we do have the right to hate anything we want. I don't know why you're making it seem like I shouldn't.
Regardless if you hate her or her music.
I don't say you shouldn't hate, everyone has their freedom, but I don't suggest it since I don't see a point.
You hate her music... and?
There are people that hate her music and there are those that don't. And?

·
Registered
319 Posts
and she wants to connect with other people and have her opinion validated by other people

so?

sure, what she's doing might not seem productive, but whatever

posting anything that isn't quasi-therapeutic on this website is pointless

should we abandon every topic of conversation that doesn't pertain to something useful?
No, I get it, she wants to connect with people that share her opinion, but I'm just trying to make her understand that hate is waste of time.

E.g. what if I say I hate black people. Cmon who is with me?? I just want someone I can connect to, who shares my opinions

Don't you think there would be war? I protest against hating Lana, cause I like Lana and I don't find it ok anyone trashing something you like. Sure, not everyone has to like her, but no need to trash and hate her.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Well, the third eye needs to be blind. The rest of us get by with two, why not the rock group?

·
Registered
319 Posts
she's like 24 years old, and anyone with a working set of ears has already heard, and probably largely understands that "hate is a waste of energy"

you don't find it ok for anyone to trash something you like? why?

if she wants to vocalize something and happens to be bold about it, whatever

unless you're personally related to lana, or have had a hand in any of her projects, i don't understand caring about it, at all

you have your own opinion, and she has hers

whether or not you think it's too harsh, or poorly formed, probs shouldn't really be much of your concern unless she's insulting you personally for liking lana

she was being hyperbolic, as people do, when they're stating opinions

it's a common thing
Even if she heard that hate is a waste of energy, obviously she don't gets it, so I'm reminding her. None of it is attack on her or antyhing, I think it's for any persons good.

I don't find it ok if anyone trashes aynthing. Who says I should be personally relateted to it to be allowed to protest? It's my personal opinion. I don't find racism good and I'll protest against it even thought I'm not black.

I'f someone wants to vocalize that rape is good or anything I find negative I don't see it as whatever.

None of it is much of my concern, I'm just willing to discuss this and maybe make someone learn something from it.

·
SAS Member
8800 blue lick road
42,193 Posts
Well I'm not going to talk about her because I don't know her but as for her music I do like it, and her voice but... There is something sort of missing from her work. I can't put my finger on it. Like I can't connect with it as much as say Florence + the Machine. I still like some of her songs though.

·
today's a beautiful day
2,217 Posts
Same here :lol who the hell is Lana Del Rey! never heard a single song of her :sus But I googled her name and saw some inappropriate pictures of her so I guess I won't like her.
hehe me too.. who is she?

googlin.. and this songs very good.. me like it!

1 - 20 of 101 Posts