Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
I love driving because it feels like I'm in my insulated little bubble on wheels, free of judgement and criticism despite the fact that I'm driving like an asshat and cutting into your lane without indicating. Also driving makes it easier and quicker to obtain chocolate.

I don't feel as strongly about it as you do, but I can relate. I've never found driving all that enjoyable for the very same reasons. Hopefully, driving will become easier and safer in our lifetime.

I'm afraid to drive too. I'm 17 and I haven't driven yet, although I have my learners license. I'm fairly certain I have OCD, and I often have urges to do things that would seem strange or pointless to most people. I feel like I have to do things a certain way or else something bad will happen, like slightly nudge the objects on my desk until they are positioned just right, or look at something a number of times until it feels okay. I'm terrified this will happen when I'm driving, and I'll get the sudden urge to do something that could harm someone.. Like suddenly needing to swerve into the other lane, or needing to have the car travel at a certain speed, even if it's over the speed limit, to avoid "unlucky" numbers.. I don't want to hurt anyone..

I like driving and found learning really easy. My sister sucked and my mom made her go to an instructor and she found it alot better. He would talk her through it and give her advice and tips.

Maybe give that a try?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.