Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like today. How much longer must i put up with them?
When will I start looking forward to the weekends like normal people?
So today this morning, my mom started screaming at me as I was on the computer.
That always pisses me off, I hate being inside, Id so much rather be outside with friends doing fun stuff, but I dont have the opportunity. She thinks Im enjoying myself on the comp during the day.
Hell no.

So i went walking straight after that to the park, had something to eat and then back home.
All up I was out for one hour. Coming back home was a big mistake, as there was absolutely nothing to do and I started getting that headache when you're bored @#$%less.
And now its 6pm. I feel so revolting. I look like a zombie. Dead, emotionless, scruffy, messy.
I cant read on days like these, I tried during the day. I have no concentration.My mind wont accept work. It just wants fun.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I hate them too. I have my hobbies to do but that does not compare to having a special person in my life.

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
Go outside again. If you can have fun doing it with someone else, you can have fun doing it by yourself too :)

·
Registered
609 Posts
the only time i looked forward to the weekend was when drugs were part of my life....now, i just want the weekend to get over...everything nowadays pretty much bores me, doesnt interest me...its like all the zest has been torn from my life...even with my SA aside, i still really dont truly enjoy much...it blows..

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm the complete opposite. I only enjoy them because it gives me a much needed break from dealing with people. I'd much rather sit at home and do whatever than be out and having to deal with others. I become more depressed as Monday approaches.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Today was Spring clean up. So. That gave me something to do. Took like 4 hours. Cleared out the attic, closets and a few obsolete items in the basement. Gave me something to do and I burned some calories at the same time. I feel satisfied that I did something that needed to be done and was productive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have you thought about getting into a good exercise program? It would really help in your case I think. Go for a swim or get into the gym. I dunno how bad your SA is but if it is really bad then you might have problems exercising in these public places but you could start running or something. I have started and it is really helping and also giving me a lot more self esteem.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Like today. How much longer must i put up with them?
When will I start looking forward to the weekends like normal people?
So today this morning, my mom started screaming at me as I was on the computer.
That always pisses me off, I hate being inside, Id so much rather be outside with friends doing fun stuff, but I dont have the opportunity. She thinks Im enjoying myself on the comp during the day.
Hell no.

So i went walking straight after that to the park, had something to eat and then back home.
All up I was out for one hour. Coming back home was a big mistake, as there was absolutely nothing to do and I started getting that headache when you're bored @#$%less.
And now its 6pm. I feel so revolting. I look like a zombie. Dead, emotionless, scruffy, messy.
I cant read on days like these, I tried during the day. I have no concentration.My mind wont accept work. It just wants fun.
hate toooooooooooooooooooooo, nothing to do, nothing to do............................:no:no:no:no

·
Registered
690 Posts
Yeah Im almost always painfully bored and it really sucks. I would really suggest exercise though swimming, biking, going to the gym etc. It defiently makes a big difference.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I find the weekends boring as well. I've just spent the last two days staying in home watching dvds, eating and sleeping, the same as every other weekend. I always think i'll do something at the weekend, but when it comes I don't have the motivation to do anything. I get so bored I wish the weekend would be over so I can go back to work and be doing something.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Well yesterday i read a bit of a book, did some weight training, and i cut the grass in my parents garden so that kept my mind off being bored.

Today i got up quite late, then spent most of the day in a classic car/vehicle show.

I still feel lonely though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hate weekends too

You feel lonely on weekends because you are lonely, I think. That is how I feel anyhow. We have to do things that will make us less lonely. It's not going to be easy. In all likelihood the reason we feel this way is that the people close to us alienate us, for whatever reason. It's wrong and we've got to get over it, get out there, and find some decent people to go to the park with! I have started doing a running group on Thursdays, but I am super awkward and very alone and it sucks. Going to try to keep going though. Let me know if you find anything that works for you.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
I spent this weekend sick,that sucks. Working all week in a job I hate,then being sick in the weekend and by the time I'm halfway recovered,it's time to go back to this nightmare job

1 - 18 of 18 Posts