Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody else have dreams that are really emotional? I mean REALLY emotional. Last year I used to hang out with a lot of friends downtown but since I'm a Senior now in highschool, I've had a lot of pressure riding on my future and I kinda shut out everyone. I haven't seen anybody in a month and I really wish the people I used to hang out with would actually want to see me. I didn't mean to shut them out, but I think they've forgotten about me. I went to sleep last night and had this dream that I was with all my old friends and they were actually concerned about me and told me how fun I am to be around and they wanted me to tell them what was going on so they could help. I remember then I was about to tell them that I've been down about everything lately, and then I woke up. I used to make my friends laugh and have a good time, but I feel like somewhere in the midst of trying to figure out what I want to do for college, and going to doctors and getting my drivers license, I've sorta lost my touch of what really should matter. I asked some of them what they were all doing for halloween tonight and they said they were all going to have a party like they usually do, and I've always gone to and they asked me what I was doing. I said nothing, and they basically just ended the conversation. I don't think they hate me, but I feel like I've been forgotten. I see all of them have fun like we all used to, except without me.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Yes, definitely. I am having emotional dreams with my (ex)friends quite often.. It doesnt always go as well as in your dream, but the usuall plot line is similar. I meet them after very long time, they wonder where i've been at all that time. I tell them whats going on in my life, about my SA and what not and they mostly understand and are supportive. Then we just hang out and have a good time, like in the old times.

Once i had a lucid dream with a girl i had a crush on.. that was one of the most emotional moments of my life. When i woke up that day, i never quite felt anything like that before.

·
Kitten lover
53 Posts
OMG i love lucid dreaming

sometimes i have dreams that make me cry when i wake up
sometimes i have dreams that put me in a good mood for the whole day

i wish i could control my dreams better, like be able to select what dream I have or plan it out. So I'm trying to become better at lucid dreaming because that allows me to direct my dream where I want it to go

·
Fabulously Awkward
733 Posts
The most emotional dreams I've had have all been emotional in a negative way. I'd wake up sobbing or having a panic attack, and then I don't want to go back to sleep because I'm afraid the dream will start again.
99% of my dreams are either nightmares or at least somewhat disturbing. It's helpful when they're lucid, though, like in one dream where someone was trying to kill me and I kept rewinding it until I was able to get away. :D
As for the other 1% ... I recently had a dream my crush appeared out of nowhere and started making out with me. I felt awful when I woke up.

·
nascentes morimur
587 Posts
Dreams are so great yet so painful. Some can make you feel amazing in the moment, but then you wake up and realize its back to ****ty repetitive life again hoorah.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I love dreams except for the ones that are your subconscious bringing crap from the past. When I was in college I had dreams about not graduating from high school, having to take extra classes, etc. It made me wake up in a really bad mood some mornings in college.

After college now I have dreams about not graduating college/ not passing classes in college/ etc.

I feel like my dreams will be chasing my past forever. I don't mind so much when it's about a past crush or love so much, as I wake up feeling a sense of warmth and happiness. Even though I quickly realize it was just a dream, I'm still in a good place.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Yes. I've had dreams where I was friends with certain people, and it felt real. Then I woke up, and realized those people don't talk to me. It was sad.

I haven't had dreams about crushes or things like that in a long time. I told my self I didn't want those anymore, because they are upsetting, so I just haven't in a really long time.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I have had recurring dreams about having a relationship with a girl. Holding her hand, cuddling with her...all that jazz. When I wake up, I get so down that it actually wasn't real, and I try to force myself to go back to sleep just so I can keep experiencing that dream, but that never works.

·
ENTP with SA...How?
2,418 Posts
Maybe once every 6 months or so. These kinds of dreams really hit you hard,and mess with your day. Dreams are so interesting.

I usually have my best dreams when i take short naps. Right now im beginning to have dreams about school, where the random people i see everyday are my friends, and i talk to them. But who knows if they mean anything, these pills **** with me.

·
Comfortably Numb
464 Posts
Whenever this happens to me I lose all focus for the rest of the day.

But I love when it happens... Until the waking up part. For whatever reason it happens at the worst possible times. Then I'm left with an unfinished dream :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
I always have dreams of falling in love with a girl, but then I wake up and realize I am alone. Something like this, but not so typical; a lot more abstract.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Lucid emotional dreams often ruin my day and make me feel down before it's even started.

·
Its dawn here
6,082 Posts
I miss my dad,n I when he is in my dreams alive..thats my most emotional one,he still loves me..he even scolded my mom in her dream when I had a misrable fight with her

·
Registered
595 Posts
I sometimes have these dreams where someone is mad at me then I will wake up in the middle of the night in tears, its bloody weird, then the next morning id be fine. But I love those dreams that put you in a certain mood for the rest of the day like once I had a dream I kissed a random girl and that day it put me in a weird but good mood even though I knew it want real lol.

And i somtimes have these dreams where I am talking to my grandfarther who passed away about 2 years ago, it seems so normal like he never passed away and one I was telling him how everyone missed him lol.The last dream i can remember about him was where we was in a train station and he had a train to catch and we waved goodbye it was sad.:cry

·
Registered
386 Posts
I never really have good or bad dreams. I just have these really bizarre ****ed up dreams that are very difficult to describe. They usually involve me being in really weird places . They always feel very lonely and there is usually no people in them.

Most of the time they don't bother me that much, but sometimes they get unbearable and I have to wake up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts