Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... and I hadn't had my medication for two days either because I hadn't left my apartment to pick up my refill.

I decided to join eHarmony awhile ago and last weekend I met up with a guy to go hiking and generally enjoy the mountains. (I live within an hour of being well into the Rockies) I thought it went really well, but unfortunately he said it was obvious I was really nervous. As a whole I felt like we had a good time in spite of the knots in my stomach and I felt like he was interested but on Monday (a week ago today) he called to say he felt like I wasn't interested and just wanted to say generally nice to meet me but he wants to go separate ways.

I really think my anxiety turned him off and I really wish I'd picked up my refill ahead of time. I remember seeing on his profile that he hates extreme shyness and even without the medication I definitely wasn't being overly shy. I actually thought we got along pretty well, and I was hoping to see him again but this time with my medication fully intact.

Either way, I still feel like it says something that I made it through a whole afternoon/evening with this guy and managed to have a decent time in spite of my not having my medication and I was so jittery.

·
Yup.. it's me!
2,458 Posts
^ I agree... maybe you can find someone and email for a bit first... but good for you for going out!! :)

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
RedBlueFish,

It's HIS loss. You overcame quite a bit just to have a good time. Second, you were not on your medications, so it was like you were totally honest with him from the very start! You did great and your next date will be even better!

Way to go -> three boogies! :boogie :boogie :boogie

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
David1976 said:
^ I agree... maybe you can find someone and email for a bit first... but good for you for going out!! :)
We had actually emailed a bit and talked on the phone a few times before I went. I hadn't told him about my SA but I think my nervousness put him off. I didn't want to tell him ahead of time because I didn't want him to have some prejudgement of me.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Maybe im just being a hater, and hes a great person...but two things annoy me about him:

1)The fact that he told you "it was obvious you were nervous". Even if it was obvious,why say something about it..let alone say it in those words.
2)He calls and says 'He felt like YOU werent interested'....rather than say it didnt work out for him. Thats taking the easy way out for him. Its kinda like saying 'its not you, its me' but in the totally opposite way.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I agree with instill, i think it was a cop out for him to say "you" weren't interested, just an easy excuse for him to not say he's not interested. Good for you to go out on a date. I went out on a date last month, and did not take my meds either. I think I did ok too, but it didn't really work out. Just keep trying, the more you go out with people, the more accustomed you get and it'll get less scary. I hope so anyway, for my sake. :hide

1 - 7 of 7 Posts