Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Phoenix
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically what it says. My one "good" friend who I met through a club invited me to his b-day celebration, and introduced me to a friend of his, whose party I was subsequently invited to. I'll admit, I'm scared as hell to go considering they will be the only two people there I know...but this is something I need to do. So wish me luck I guess.

And while in this high of courage I also sent some messages to some people on facebook...We'll see what happens!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Congrats! I think going to a party where you know almost no one can be a really good thing for your SA. Firstly because it gives you a good excuse to hang around the people you do know and get to know them better without coming off as clingy, it's easy to meet new people (because usually you won't be the only one who barely knows anyone, so many people are eager to make new acquaintances), and if it does get so awkward that you want to leave it's much more easy to slip out unnoticed.

Have fun!!!

·
Banned
728 Posts
Basically what it says. My one "good" friend who I met through a club invited me to his b-day celebration, and introduced me to a friend of his, whose party I was subsequently invited to. I'll admit, I'm scared as hell to go considering they will be the only two people there I know...but this is something I need to do. So wish me luck I guess.

And while in this high of courage I also sent some messages to some people on facebook...We'll see what happens!
This is a big decision.

For me, i have been invited to parties before. And i turned them down every time.

Perhaps it would be a good thing?

I guess theres only one way to find out. I suppose then you would know if it was a good thing or a bad thing.

Although if someone asked me to go to a party now, i'd still say no.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.