Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
What does xanax do?
For me, not much at all.

I average 6 mg a day and I'm fully alert, so not a sleep aid at all to me. (My script is for up to 10 mg daily, an amount I actually used to use).

Anyone who wants a recreational drug would be far better served by their local liquor store. They have stuff that will chill you out a whole lot more.

Reactions: ImWeird

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For me, not much at all.

I average 6 mg a day and I'm fully alert, so not a sleep aid at all to me. (My script is for up to 10 mg daily, an amount I actually used to use).

Anyone who wants a recreational drug would be far better served by their local liquor store. They have stuff that will chill you out a whole lot more.
I only have .25 mg pills. That's usually enough to make me drift off to sleep if I'm already tired.

1 mg will meld my body into the mattress with little movement for at least four hours.

·
~ Omnipresent ~
13 Posts
What does xanax do?
I took what my friend called a " Xanny Bar " - forgot the dose. It was the long square tanish colored pill ( I think the highest dose ) - Anyway, I took just one of those, and literally blacked out for a good 3 hours straight. And after coming back to my senses, I had absolutely no idea what I did or what happened. I was going around to all my friends asking them if I did anything bad or how I was acting because I had no idea. I couldn't imagine drinking on them.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
^WOW
I was on, I think .5mg, and it did nothing. It was supposed to have been emergency meds since I had forgotten my Paxil at the time.

·
SASsy
18,100 Posts
I took what my friend called a " Xanny Bar " - forgot the dose. It was the long square tanish colored pill ( I think the highest dose ) - Anyway, I took just one of those, and literally blacked out for a good 3 hours straight. And after coming back to my senses, I had absolutely no idea what I did or what happened. I was going around to all my friends asking them if I did anything bad or how I was acting because I had no idea. I couldn't imagine drinking on them.
Did you have any other drugs and/or alcohol in your system at the time?

I believe those bars are 2 mgs. I could be wrong.

I used to take Xanax occasionaly ( .5 mg ) and I thought it was very mild. I could feel it a little but not much.

·
Banned
1,233 Posts
Xanax bars are indeed 2mg of alprazolam.

·
Banned
1,233 Posts
but they are white... I think.
the tan one could have been something else???
Xanny bars come in white, yellow and green, depending on the manufacturing pharmaceutical company.

·
Registered
28,013 Posts
I've only ever taken vicodin. My dad has a whole bunch of it and was offering it to me everyday with my morning cup of coffee on my last visit to LA. Thank god for that, otherwise I don't know if I would have been able to get through that visit. 7 days with the old grump was a bit too much for me.....

I took a half a pill before this skit for Japanese class and it seemed to have helped. I really should have taken it for this presentation I had too. I nearly didn't make it through that one. Half-way through my voice was getting all cracky and sounded like I was crying almost.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts