Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mentioned in another thread that I go biking on a trail and I can't ever enjoy myself when I stop to enjoy the view somewhere because I feel like somebody might see me as they bike by and think about what a loser I am or something. Usually when I stop, there is a T in the trail so I will constantly look at all three directions every 30 seconds or so to make sure nobody is coming. The thing about it today was, it's closed due to the flooding we had about 2 weeks ago so literally nobody but me was on it. I just went past the signs anyways because I knew the water has receeded and they simply haven't taken the signs down yet. I still looked in paranoia as if people were coming. Anyone else do this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know how you feel. If I'm walking near a group of people and they start laughing, I always feel like they're laughing at me. Logically, I know they probably have other things to laugh about besides some awkward looking guy they happened to pass by, but it's always my first reaction.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I know how you feel. If I'm walking near a group of people and they start laughing, I always feel like they're laughing at me. Logically, I know they probably have other things to laugh about besides some awkward looking guy they happened to pass by, but it's always my first reaction.
Same here, it sounds ridiculous, but it's always the first thought that appears on my mind. It sucks

·
Registered
121 Posts
I HATE when people stare at me, always have done, not even because of anxiety. Ever since i was young i have always had a problem when you see a guy just glaring at you with a screwface like he wants to start something, a couple of times my girlfriend had to stop me from confronting someone who was doing it because it bothers me so much. I don't mind girls staring at me though, that's fine :)

·
Out there...
5,124 Posts
I'm half and half. Sometimes I dislike the eyes looming over my head. Other times I like being looked at.

Here's a question: Do you ever feel anxious or have trouble making eye contact to even a PICTURE you see of someone (even moreso if it's someone you know)?

·
is trying.
714 Posts
I think I'm being watched all the time, whether or not there are people around. Pictures are watching me. Ghosts are watching me. My imaginary friends are watching me. And they're judging me. I know I'm projecting my own disappointment/self-hatred, but that doesn't make the thought/impression go away.

·
Introverted T-Shirt Ninja
339 Posts
I mentioned in another thread that I go biking on a trail and I can't ever enjoy myself when I stop to enjoy the view somewhere because I feel like somebody might see me as they bike by and think about what a loser I am or something.
hahahahahaa...I know how that feels :haha

Let me elaborate:
Me, alone; time: yesterday; scenario: small hike at a small dam a few km from me, only one path to the place I was at; nearest "other people" spots with line of sight: a path on the other side of the "lake", some 200 meters from me and the dam itself, ~1km from me.

Me, looking at the dam: "I bet there's some ****er with binoculars looking at me right now and wondering: "WTF is that loser doing there?""

Obviously during the entire path to that place I was dreading the possibility of crossing with someone, because they would wonder: "WTF is this loser doing here?"

I did come across a guy and a girl (his girlfriend maybe?), but that was when I was leaving, we exchanged a polite "Good afternoon." and continued on our way. I still bet they wondered: "WTF is this loser doing here?"

Sooo...yeah, I know how it feels.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I used to think my dad had installed hidden cameras everywhere inside the house and that he was planning on making a video compilation of all the times I got really drunk and did weird **** when I was home alone in order to shame me. Even now I freak out sometimes thinking that someone is probably looking at me covertly via my laptop webcam.

·
Registered
442 Posts
hey i go mountain bike too somtimes and im the same, always thinking ''but what if there is somone coming , what with they think of me , im a loser , ect ect, oh its completly silly i know, but that will not change it. at least we have eachother to talk about this . :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts