Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i hear sleep deprivation makes more dopamine. Maybe thats why i get all paranoid. cuz i have insomnia. I keep hearing doors open and creepy stuff. Feeling like people are looking through my windows. lol creeeeeeeeeeeepy

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I get this too if I stay up too late. I think it's your bodies way of telling you, you need to go to sleep.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Maybe not paranoid necessarily, but I do usually have all my worst thoughts at night. (although maybe there is just less to distract me from them?)

I used to love staying up late late, but now somehow am mostly a morning person! Irritating, chipper, seize the day, morning person! How did this happen!? aaaaaaa!!

(Saying all this while... awake... at 2 a.m. ... makes no sense... ).

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
I used to love staying up late late, but now somehow am mostly a morning person! Irritating, chipper, seize the day, morning person! How did this happen!? aaaaaaa!!
How did that happen? I wish I could do that. But then I'd probably miss the night time too much.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Yeah, sleep deprivation can do that. Binge on stimulants for a few days and you'll get so-called "shadow people" and the other stuff you described. For me, even being up a few days due to GHB can only produce a dream-like vision state. Zero paranoia for me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
errrrr second half of my first post was supposed to be a joke but upon reading it, it doesn't really sound like one.

I guess I was trying to say: I'm kindof afraid of being awake at night (not all the time, but sometimes) I try to be awake during the day as much as possible (er. well, duh.), and am coming to prefer being awake in the morning vs awake at night. Not only to avoid nighttime but actually enjoying being awake that early. To me, "morning person" means chipper, seize the day, blah blah etc etc, and putting myself in that category is... kindof funny.

Does this mean I'm afraid of the dark? lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts