Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, since im a teen i always get so emotionally attached to musicians. i literally fall in love and then get heartbroken every time they get with a girlfriend. it feels like they cheat on me. i get that its hard to understand for most people. i post this because maybe someone can relate. im not talking about stalker bull**** or crossing boundaries, its about emotions. so if you can relate, id appreciate a reply because it just happened again and i feel very alone in this because im not a teenager anymore but its still just as bad.

·
(.*?)
6,618 Posts
From what I've seen of the world, you're normal and those of us who aren't invested in any celebrities are the weird ones.

·
Super Moderator
33,905 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. Probably not the greatest idea to go around telling people but if it's something that pleases you, why not?

Personally, I'd find it pretty hard to get into celebrities because the popular idea of female beauty these days is so unnatural and bizarre and (frankly) fake looking. And most celebrities will have any amount of surgery to make themselves fit into that mold. So there's not much chance of me finding them appealing.

·
SAS Member
8800 blue lick road
42,217 Posts
I sometimes become drawn to fictional characters or musicians, less often actors (it's mostly fictional characters and musicians. Edit: actually I'd say never actors independent of their characters.) It happens less with age though, like these days I might find some famous/famous ish people kind of attractive but it's not really the same emotion, I haven't found any new people significantly attractive in a few years. I never became jealous when they had partners though, and I often would partly invent them and recreate them in my head, so they weren't really them but I just took whatever parts I found appealing and then made stuff up. Sometimes I'd daydream about them with other people, often other people I found attractive or if I liked the potential relationship dynamic (like shipping,) since especially in the past I was more voyeuristic that way.

I guess the most recent 'famous person' I've been attracted to is this YouTuber but it's really mild attraction but it's funny because you're talking about parasocial relationships which they're also talking about in this video (I think, I haven't watched it just saw the title):

mm I deleted the videos, I don't want to derail the thread since the videos are political. Even though I like spamming videos/images of anyone I'm in anyway attracted to. Lol. Which is really obnoxious anyway, I think of it a bit similar to 'special interests' really. I mean for me because sometimes it works out like that. I was not particularly into Star Trek and then in my early 20s I watched the newer films and decided I liked Zachary Quinto's Spock and it's funny/stereotypical to like Spock although I didn't ship him with Kirk so not 100% stereotypical but yeah I became sort of into the lore etc/his background/vulcans and stuff, read lots of fanfics. Which isn't entirely weird I always like elves and they are space elves. But yeah massively triggering Star Trek fans here haha. They don't like the new films and I can see why tbf, they're less philosophical etc and more action oriented. The original series is way too dated for me. I watched some of the next gen when it was on TV when I was a kid and thought it was like 4/10 I guess not terrible or anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts