Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
In my shiny bubble
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, all my anxiety that I felt whilst they were here seems to lift and I can be myself again. Like a huge weight has been lifted off. I just wanna party lol know what I mean. Like my sister's fiance has just finally gone home now coz he slept over last night....til again

Anyone body else feel like this?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I can relate. I have a couple family members who visit who make me very anxious and upset. I hide in my room and don't come out until they leave. Or, if I know they're coming, I go out and spend the day elsewhere. At least that forces me out of the house to fight my SA in another way.

·
In my shiny bubble
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't hide in my room, I don't have a room of my own to hide away anyway. Coz I share my room with my sister but its only for a while now coz we are getting an extension and i'll have my own room.
I used to hide alot upstairs or something when my sister's friends used to hang about in the lounge. But now i do come downstairs in front of my sister's boyfriend and walk passed the room they are in so he knows that i am around and not hiding and that i do exist
I don't do it around family members when they come coz even if i ain't feeling social, i don't want them to think that i'm not social. So i hang around them whether I feel like it or not, though i'm not my real self til they go home.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I usually keep away from visitors or even some family members since there's nothing I can do or say when they're around. I sometimes go so far as to walk out into the garage and just sit there watching their vehicle until it goes away. Pretty sad.

·
HaloOfDarkness
608 Posts
Yeah and it's like all you want to do is go out in the living room and watch tv but they are out there all cramping your style so your stuck sitting in your bedroom listening to their annoying voices and it just sounds like "mmmpahhhephhh" "neeeephiddhuuupa" "jaaaufhdhhd" "nemmmphhhh"

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeah. I relate to this to. I feel like I'm open to scrutiny when I talk to people who visit my home. It's like my progress (or inertia) in life is being evaluated simply by carrying conversation and I don't like it.

Not to change the subject, but it blows my mind how pretty much everything I've ever thought has it's own thread on this site... even things I'd never really thought about in association with anxiety. It's like everyone on this forum is part of an invisible culture of people who are all alike but will never meet in real life to realize that we're not alone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts