Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well yesterday i was watching tv and seen a pro sportmen talk about his achievements and he explained what helped him achieve this.
he talked about a way he visualized his goals etc...

so after that i was wait ....iv'e seen that "technique" somewere ??
and yes if seen it.

it's from derren brown , look at 7min he's doing it to a guy for getting more confident.

and then i was like i think i have something like that on my pc.
and YES i used to download NLP stuff and there was a THERAPY SHY SESSION from 1989 who uses the same method :um

uploaded for you guys.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3AYH3ALM

soo it seems this method must work somehow ??

let me know what you think of it :yes

·
Registered
487 Posts
If you read Psycho Cybernetics it basically tells you our brains are goal striving mechanisms. You set a goal, visualise yourself the way you would be if your goal has already been achieved and slowly your sub conscience will take you towards that goal. All the visualisation techniques that sportsmen use have been developed from the concepts in this book. I also think the creators of NLP took the visualisation concepts from this book too.

I'm going to read through it a second time soon to get a better grasp of it

·
Registered
487 Posts
I've got both but I read the new one only because of the different font style and size which wasn't easy on the eyes in the old version. Maybe it was just this particular pdf copy but it was hard to read.

The only differences are that the co-author added some bits to it, his own perspectives I guess, added modern reference examples of people who have used Psycho Cybernetics since Maltz died and added an extra chapter of just success stories. Other than that it's pretty much word for word and all the original exercises that Maltz developed are in there. So it's up to you which one you read.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts