Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Too many times I hear people who claim that have found their soul mate. How do they know that there might be another person who might be more compatible? I find it interesting that these soul mates usually only live within 30 minutes or 1 hour away from each other. In a world with 6 billion people, you found your soul mate only a few minutes away from where you live. I think to find this soul mate, more effort is required. You might have to travel not only to other states, but maybe even other countries. What if you were in a relationship with another person and you also called this person your soul mate? There is a general belief in reincarnation that an individual might have to live through several lifetimes to finally meet this soul mate. It might be that his or her soul mate existed in the past and they both have to live many other lives until they finally meet each other. What if this soul mate will not exist on earth? You don't have to believe in reincarnation to get my point. I'm just saying that MORE effort is required to find this soul mate. Soul mate can be used on anybody. That itself takes away the purpose of it.

What if someone wasn't meant to have a soul mate in the first place? Why is it that people who are not in relationships might be described by others as being lonely. "My other half"? Am I incomplete simply because I'm not in a relationship? Am I not good enough for myself? Why do I need another person to make myself complete? I thought human beings as individuals were unique. Sex is not necessary for an individual's survival. I do not need to have sex in order to stay alive. I can survive without it. Food, my health, shelter etc... is far more important. What are we being taught? That as individuals were are not good enough?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Eh.....i think a lot of couples just get caught up in being in love and start telling themselves that 'this is my soulmate'. Then they get into another relationship with someone who is also conveniently their soulmate too.

And like you say, these 'soulmates' always seem to live just around the corner too :roll

1 - 4 of 4 Posts