Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trust me, this is a good thing, and belongs in this forum. Finding my negative thought means i can actually do something with my SA. I can start to cure myself!

I found my bad thought! For a while I thought i didn't have one, and was just anxious all the time for no reason. Now i realize that i sorta put myself down for being skinny/small/less superior to other people. sorta. its this which generated from a childhood of skinniness coupled with working out, and saying that i will be every girl's dream once i gain some muscle mass. this automatically and subtilely makes myself think that i am insignificant now, or weak, not manly, etc. The thing is, although i am a little bit skinny, my nervousness emphasizes this. When i act normal, i dont appear skinny, if that makes sense. Also, (not to brag) im fairly attractive and already am the dreamy junior that the middle school girls drool over according to my brother :p. So really, I just have to convince myself that I am strong NOW. I also think i said that once i became stronger, i would not be so anxious all the time anymore. I realize now that this is true, but you are only as strong as you feel/think you are.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi wxolue, true enough.
It is good to hear that you've found your negative thoughts.
Often, it is the negative feeling itself that stops most people.
It is not the negative situation that will block you, it is the negative emotion
and feeling rooted deep in your mind that will bring you down.

And you say it right, "you are as strong as you think you are!"

·
Registered
126 Posts
True that-You are as happy as you make your mind up to be'-Honest Abe Lincoln

·
Registered
121 Posts
wxolue Good for you! :) I need to find mine too but i think i have more than a few of em.

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Well done :). I know how hard it is to pinpoint the exact thought processes that generate anxiety. I haven't been able to do this myself, but I have a few guesses as to what may be causing it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
"You become what you think about most of the time."
I like this quote from Brian Tracy.

The biggest difference between successful people and ordinary people
is that successful people keep on thinking about what they want all
the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts